Davin News Server

From: AlleyCat <katt@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: alt.global-warming,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,can.politics,alt.politics.liberalism,alt.politics.democrats,alt.politics.usa.republican
Subject: Media Hyping 'Extreme Heat Warning' When Calif. Temps Are Anything But 'Extreme'
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2024 17:33:33 -0500

Media Hyping 'Extreme Heat Warning' When Calif. Temps Are Anything But
'Extreme'

For a week now most news outlets have issued dire warnings that California will
be under an "extreme" heat wave this coming week.

Fox News reported breathlessly Sunday evening that temperatures in California
will reach as high as 120 degrees this week, without identifying where.

In recent years media weather reporters overstate the heat - often exaggerating
"extreme heat" as much hotter than the actual forecast.

And when they are wrong, they never correct it or admit it.
Fox News "Extreme Heat" warning. (Photo: Katy Grimes for California Globe)

My weather apps have been adjusting down all week since claiming Sacramento
temperatures would hit 106°F by Wednesday.

Here is today's:

Some governments have been caught taking temperature readings at ground-surface
level, which show several degrees higher than the ambient temperature.
Temperature readings are supposed to be taken five feet above the ground.

The Sacramento Bee reports:

"Sacramento is expected to see its first 100-degree day of the year soon,
according to the latest predictions from the National Weather Service. The high
temperature for Wednesday is forecast to reach 101 degrees."

Here's their forecast - 103 and 104 degrees midweek. OMG - Sacramento has never
seen these excessive temperatures in early June... or have we?

As the Globe has reported every year, news media tries to scare people over
seasonal temperatures, seasonal changes, and natural weather happenings.

Last year in June 2023, the Globe reported:

UC Berkeley/LA Times Poll Claims "Californians Fear Worsening Weather Swings
Due to Climate Change."

In Fact, the Los Angeles Times claims "Nearly 70% of registered voters say they
expect that volatile fluctuations between severe drought and periods of heavy
rain and snow - what some call weather whiplash - will become more common in
the future due to climate change, according to a new UC Berkeley Institute of
Governmental Studies poll co-sponsored by the Los Angeles Times."

It was BS in June 2023, and it is BS in June 2024.

Extreme Weather Watch reports Sacramento June Weather Records for 1877-2024,
starting with the hottest Sacramento June day in recorded history was 115
degrees in 1961:

Highest temperature 115°F, June 15, 1961
Lowest temperature 41°F, June 1, 1990
Highest daily low 78°F, June 23, 1909
Lowest daily high 57°F, June 6, 1914
Hottest average high-temperature 95.1°F, 1961
Coldest average high-temperature 76.3°F, 1884
Most daily precipitation 1.1 inches, June 4, 1993
Most monthly precipitation 1.5 inches, 2011

We've been covering dubious weather reporting for several years. Last year the
Globe reported:

...the LA Times links to another climate change poll from the Public Policy
Institute of California (PPIC) from July 2022, which "found that nearly 7 in 10
Californians think the effects of climate change have already begun, and 8 in
10 say climate change is a serious threat to California's future economy and
way of life."

The Globe covered this dubious report last August:

"A new poll by the Public Policy Institute of California cleverly conflates
climate change, drought, wildfires and the oil and gas industry through
dextrous questions and weighted demographics."

It was clear that the PPIC was fusing "drought, wildfires and the oil and gas
industry" into one great cause: Climate Change.

"Whenever there's a wildfire, Newsom and all the others in denial over their
epic policy failures, come shouting 'climate change,' " Ed Ring reported in
2021.

"They have the audacity to tell us to turn our thermostats up to 78 degrees and
refrain from using electric appliances, and they claim these fires are evidence
of why this is necessary. They embark on a 'renewables mandate' that jacks
utility prices up to the highest in the nation in exchange for unreliable
power.

"More than anything else, what Newsom and all the rest of these politicians who
want California to set a 'climate example' to the world are in denial of is
their own misanthropy.

"They know perfectly well that California only emits one percent of the world's
CO2. They know as well that China and India are not about to stop using fossil
fuels to grow their economies. They know that fossil fuel accounts for 85
percent of global energy production, with hydroelectric and nuclear power
accounting for another 11 percent. All renewables account for only four percent
of global energy production. Four percent.

California's drought conditions are historically normal. So are our occasional
heavy wet winters. It's not hard to plan for this - if politicians were honest.

Our water projects were built and designed to provide a steady 5- to 7-year
supply of water for the entire state, even in drought years.

Fifty percent of California's water supply goes to environmental uses right off
the top. Of the remaining 50%, urban use is only 10%, and agriculture uses
40%... state water officials and legislators have considered a ban on
decorative grass.

But their real motive is setting up another crisis and another lockdown
opportunity.

Last August we reported the Sacramento Bee claiming "July was Earth's hottest
month ever." The Bee used climate hype and propaganda from the World
Meteorological Organization - an agency of the United Nations.

Marc Morano highlighted a "New York Times article which claims 'climate
change' means 'the end of the summer vacation as we know it' - 'Our
relationship to travel has reached a tipping point."

Morano warns, "This is the COVID PSYOP ending and the climate PSYOP beginning.
This is the New York Times signaling that the ruling class is telling us that
vacations are now a thing of the past. They're trying to set our mindset to
give up on vacations. And they're giving up our freedom of movement... What the
New York Times is claiming is that somehow people have to stay home, and it is
literally in the article suggesting people need to huddle around their air
conditioners at home because the weather is too extreme - because our previous
travel has made the earth uninhabitable. This is insane, unscientific, silly."

As we reported, the climate pimps are working overtime to convince everyone
that there is a climate crisis worthy of another pandemic-level response -
lockdowns, confinement, business closures, loss of rights and freedoms... and
no travel?

Just watch the "elitist politicians" making hysterical environmental claims
like Governor Gavin Newsom, as they fly around the world in jets to climate
conferences, get chauffeured in gas-guzzling SUVs, stay in luxury hotels in
emerging countries, own beaches, mountain homes, ranches, and live the opposite
of how they legislate.

We know they are liars. Push back. Hard.

https://californiaglobe.com/articles/as-californias-mismanaged-forests-burn-
gov-newsom-declares-no-more-patience-for-climate-deniers/

https://californiaglobe.com/articles/climate-change-hysterics-claim-july-was-
the-earths-hottest-month-ever/

https://californiaglobe.com/articles/new-poll-cleverly-conflates-climate-
change-drought-wildfires-oil-and-gas-industry/

https://californiaglobe.com/fl/uc-berkeley-la-times-poll-claims-californians-
fear-worsening-weather-swings-due-to-climate-change/

https://climatechangedispatch.com/asia-turns-to-coal-for-cheap-energy-while-
biden-dithers-with-green-schemes/

https://climatechangedispatch.com/author/ccdeditor/

https://climatechangedispatch.com/californias-green-energy-mandates-sending-
electricity-rates-even-higher/

https://climatechangedispatch.com/climate-doomsayers-are-always-wrong-but-
cling-to-their-anti-human-faith/

https://climatechangedispatch.com/extreme-weather/

https://climatechangedispatch.com/gov-candidate-shellenberger-blasts-newsoms-
environmental-record/

https://climatechangedispatch.com/gov-newsom-fiddling-his-way-to-rome-as-
california-burns/

https://climatechangedispatch.com/liberal-media-made-slew-of-dubious-climate-
change-claims-new-report-finds/

https://climatechangedispatch.com/media-hyping-extreme-heat-warning-when-calif-
temps-are-anything-but-extreme/

https://climatechangedispatch.com/media-hyping-extreme-heat-warning-when-calif-
temps-are-anything-but-extreme/#comments

https://climatechangedispatch.com/meteorologist-californias-mega-droughts-and-
mega-floods-are-nothing-new/

https://climatechangedispatch.com/news-and-opinion/

https://climatechangedispatch.com/no-july-wasnt-the-warmest-month-in-human-
history/

https://climatechangedispatch.com/price-tag-of-ignorance-hiding-the-high-costs-
of-green-electricity/

https://climatechangedispatch.com/renewables/

https://climatechangedispatch.com/the-secret-partnership-fueling-climate-hawk-
journalism/

https://climatedepot.us1.list-manage.com/track/click?u=
87b74a936c723115dfa298cf3&id=5f66d3ea2f&e=4ae84ddd46

https://i0.wp.com/climatechangedispatch.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/10/newsome-
hev-china.jpg?ssl=1

https://i0.wp.com/climatechangedispatch.com/wp-content/uploads/2024/06/app-
forecast.jpg?ssl=1

https://i0.wp.com/climatechangedispatch.com/wp-content/uploads/2024/06/heat-
alert.jpg?ssl=1

https://i0.wp.com/climatechangedispatch.com/wp-
content/uploads/2024/06/sacbee.jpg?ssl=1

https://public.wmo.int/en/about-us

https://public.wmo.int/en/media/press-release/july-2023-set-be-hottest-month-
record

https://www.climatedepot.com/2023/08/07/its-official-climate-psyop-replaces-
covid-psyop-global-boiling-replaces-warming-nyt-declares-end-of-vacations/

https://www.extremeweatherwatch.com/cities/sacramento/average-temperature-by-
year/month-june

https://www.extremeweatherwatch.com/cities/sacramento/month-june

https://www.extremeweatherwatch.com/cities/sacramento/month-june/highest-
temperatures

https://www.extremeweatherwatch.com/cities/sacramento/month-june/lowest-
temperatures

https://www.extremeweatherwatch.com/cities/sacramento/month-june/monthly-
precipitation

https://www.ppic.org/publication/ppic-statewide-survey-californians-and-the-
environment-july-2022/

https://www.sacbee.com/news/local/article277962668.html#storylink=cpy

https://www.sacbee.com/news/local/article288887648.html#storylink=cpy

=====

May:

U.S. Ski Industry Reports 5th-Best Season On Record

"Deep, Drifting Snow" Keeps Beartooth Closed

The Suess de Vries Cycle

Spring Anomalies From BC To SoCal

Winter Prolonged In Alaska

Australia's Cold And Snow

Chile's Weather Agency Got It Dead Wrong As South America Freezes

Spring Anomalies From BC To SoCal

Record May Cold Hits South Australia

Latest Snowfall In Decades At Snoqualmie

Frozen Turkey

Rare May Snow Hits South Korea

Cold Front To Drop Snow On Aussie Alps

Chile's Capital In The Midst Of "Longest Cold Spell Ever Recorded"

South America Braces For Antarctic Outbreak

Australia's Coldest April Since 2015

Heavy Mid-May Snow Hits Turkey

Slovakia's Record May Cold

First 10-Days Of May In European-Russia The Coldest In History

Unprecedented May Snow Hits Moscow

Record May Cold Sweeps European-Russia

Russian Grain Growing Regions To Declare An Emergency

Record May Cold In Japan

"Patagonia Is Absolutely Buried"

Rare Snow Blankets Chile's Capital

Snowbird, Utah Surpasses 600 Inches

Alaska's Near-Record Snow Season Also Means "Big Fire Danger"

Australia Shivers

Spring Snow Continues To Build On Europe's Mountains As Winter's Cold Lingers

Mongolia's Snowiest Winter Since 1975

Much Of Russia Returned To Winter

Heavy Snow Hits Argentina A Month Early

Spain Chills

"Best May Powder Days In Memory" At Palisades

Cold Antarctic Coast

Heavy May Snow Hits the Sierra Nevada

Concordia Below -70C (-94F) for 10-Days

Cooling In The Tropical Pacific

Vostok's Coldest April Since 1999

Global Temperature Expected To Fall In May

Tonga Eruption Responsible For Toasty 2023 (nyah nyah!)

Missing Spring In Jackson, WY

Cool Summer Forecast For Much Of The Northern Hemisphere

Record May Cold Sweeps India

Rare April Cold Hits Antarctica (-112F)

Heavy Spring Snow Traps 1,000 Vehicles In Northern India

Wild Swings In New Jersey

The Wind Didn't Blow As Hard In 2023