Davin News Server

From: Loran <loran@invalid.net>
Newsgroups: alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,can.politics,alt.politics.trump,alt.politics.liberalism,alt.politics.democrats,alt.politics.usa.republican
Subject: Re: Definitely A Foundation Failure
Date: Sat, 8 Jun 2024 10:24:27 -0600

Alan wrote:
> As I've already said,

It's on, we're now in the early stages of a Heinrich Event leading up to
full glaciation shortly:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-1q5cW_V3M

TRIPLE CATASTROPHE - 6000-Year Cycle Happening Now

https://www.science.org/doi/10.1126/science.adh8369
Heinrich event ice discharge and the fate of the Atlantic Meridional
Overturning Circulation

YUXIN ZHOU HTTPS://ORCID.ORG/0000-0002-3523-8524 AND JERRY F. MCMANUS
HTTPS://ORCID.ORG/0000-0002-7365-1600Authors Info & Affiliations
SCIENCE
Vol 384, Issue 6699
pp. 983-986
DOI: 10.1126/science.adh8369

Editor’s summary
Will ice mass loss from the Greenland Ice Sheet caused by climate
warming disrupt large-scale ocean circulation? Zhou et al. reconstructed
iceberg production rates during the massive calving episodes of the last
glacial period, called Heinrich events, when icebergs did affect ocean
circulation. The authors found that present-day Greenland Ice Sheet
calving rates are as high as during some of those events.

https://cosmosmagazine.com/science/could-the-day-after-tomorrow-come-true/

A German scientist has echoed the warnings of the film The Day After
Tomorrow, finding that a major oceanic circulation system is becoming
more unstable – with concerning implications for the climate.

A study published in Nature Climate Change observes that the Atlantic
Meridional Overturning Circulation (AMOC) – a massive ocean current
system that circulates through the Atlantic – may have been losing
stability over the past century, due to the influx of melted freshwater
into the ocean.

This is concerning because the AMOC is responsible for the Gulf Stream,
a swift current that brings warm water masses from tropical regions to
the northern hemisphere. Because it redistributes heat, this circulation
system is not only responsible for creating mild temperatures across
Europe but also influencing weather systems across the world.

“The Atlantic Meridional Overturning really is one of our planet’s key
circulation systems,” says Niklas Boers, the study’s author from the
Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research, Free University Berlin
and Exeter University.

If it collapses, it could have impacts such as significantly cooling
Europe and affecting tropical monsoon systems.

“We already know from some computer simulations and from data from
Earth’s past, so-called paleoclimate proxy records, that the AMOC can
exhibit – in addition to the currently attained strong mode – an
alternative, substantially weaker mode of operation,” Boers says.

https://arxiv.org/abs/2402.14877

Machine-learning prediction of tipping and collapse of the Atlantic
Meridional Overturning Circulation
Shirin Panahi, Ling-Wei Kong, Mohammadamin Moradi, Zheng-Meng Zhai,
Bryan Glaz, Mulugeta Haile, Ying-Cheng Lai
Recent research on the Atlantic Meridional Overturning Circulation
(AMOC) raised concern about its potential collapse through a tipping
point due to the climate-change caused increase in the freshwater input
into the North Atlantic. The predicted time window of collapse is
centered about the middle of the century and the earliest possible start
is approximately two years from now. More generally, anticipating a
tipping point at which the system transitions from one stable steady
state to another is relevant to a broad range of fields. We develop a
machine-learning approach to predicting tipping in noisy dynamical
systems with a time-varying parameter and test it on a number of systems
including the AMOC, ecological networks, an electrical power system, and
a climate model. For the AMOC, our prediction based on simulated
fingerprint data and real data of the sea surface temperature places the
time window of a potential collapse between the years 2040 and 2065.

https://www.wgbh.org/news/commentary/2021-03-24/weve-known-for-years-global-warming-could-lead-to-a-new-ice-age-why-is-no-one-doing-anything

Call it a cascade of calamitous events.

According to scientists, a “cold blob” of water has formed south of
Greenland. The blob’s origins can be traced to rapidly melting glaciers,
which in turn is the consequence of global warming. The blob could
impede the flow of the Gulf Stream, which carries warm water north. And
if that happens, the temperature in Europe may drop steeply, hurricanes
may become more intense, and sea levels on the East Coast of the United
States may rise even more rapidly than they are already.

“We’re all wishing it’s not true,” Peter de Menocal, a scientist at the
Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution, told The New York Timesearlier
this month. “Because if that happens, it’s just a monstrous change.”

A monstrous change indeed — and one that we’ve known about for decades.
The possibility that climate change could flip and, in just a matter of
years, plunge part of the world into a new ice age is something that has
occasionally made its way into the media. Yet the world has done very
little about it.

http://www.longrangeweather.com/climate_change.htm

Recently, John Coleman, the founder of the Weather Channel, stated that,
"manmade global warming is the GREATEST SCAM IN HISTORY!"

He went on to add, "I am amazed, appalled and highly offended by this
theory of global warming based on fraudulent science."

He said this, folks, not me. (But, I certainly agree with Dr. Coleman.)

Coleman’s climatological opinion has been recently supported by a top
observatory that has been measuring a rather dramatic decrease in
sunspot activity. These scientists are predicting that global
temperatures will drop by at least two degrees in the next 20 years.

Our friend, Robert Felix, author of "Not By Fire, But By Ice," believes
that this significant cool down could possibly be the start of at least
another "Little Ice Age," possibly a new GREAT ICE AGE, which is overdue
following 11,500 years of generally warmer than normal global temperatures.

This latest period of naturally-occurring warming peaked a decade ago in
1998. It was the strongest such cycle of warming since the days of Leif
Ericcson around 1,000 A.D. At the time, the mighty Vikings were actually
farming parts of Greenland growing wheat, vegetables and raising cattle.
They actually grew tomatoes and grapes!

Robert Felix gives this warning: "Living in the northern U.S. could
eventually be hazardous to your health!"

He goes on to say, "the next major ice age could begin any day...next
week, next month or next year." (Get that snowblower tuned-up.)

Felix believes that someday soon we’ll be "buried beneath nine stories
of ice and snow as the bitter climate of Greenland descends upon Canada,
Britain, Norway, Sweden, the U.S. and other northern regions ---
practically overnight."

It’s all part of a dependable, predictable, natural cycle of climate
that returns "like clockwork" every 11,500 years.