Davin News Server

From: Alan <nuh-uh@nope.com>
Newsgroups: alt.global-warming,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,can.politics,alt.politics.liberalism,alt.politics.democrats,alt.politics.usa.republican
Subject: Re: Gov. Whitmer Touted 12,000 EV, Battery Jobs. Billions Later, Only
Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2024 12:27:35 -0700

On 2024-06-15 12:17, Loran wrote:
> Alan wrote:

>>> A fine 20 million $ /job, lolol!
>>
>> How many jobs has Wisconsin's $4 billion paid to Foxconn created?
>
> How many times will you point to one thing when caught lying about another?
>
> https://reason.com/2021/04/21/foxconn-finally-admits-it-wont-create-13000-jobs-in-wisconsin/
>
> " The Foxconn folly was the brainchild of former Gov. Scott Walker, a
> one-time darling of the Republican Party who has now vanished from the
> political scene."
>

> But he wasn't their governor then:
>

> https://ballotpedia.org/Party_control_of_Wisconsin_state_government
>
> Wisconsin Party Control: 1992-2024
>
> Tony Evers (D) was:
>
> https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2021/apr/30/tony-evers/gov-tony-evers-doesnt-tell-whole-story-claim-new-f/

Read your own cites more thoroughly, Loser-2:

'The plan dramatically scales back promises of 13,000 jobs and $10
billion in investment negotiated under former Republican Gov. Scott
Walker that would have cost the state nearly $3 billion. But the
company’s proposed LCD manufacturing facility in Mount Pleasant never
came to fruition, and the company now seems to be shifting its focus to
create a wider range of products on that campus.'

Furthermore:

'At the groundbreaking in June 2018 [when Walker was still governor],
President Trump praised the plant, describing it as "the Eighth Wonder
of the World". The Wisconsin state [Republican-controlled] legislature
granted Foxconn special legal privileges within the Wisconsin judicial
system. In 2018, the Walker administration shifted up to $90 million in
local road funding to road work related to the Foxconn factory. The
state spent $252 million on widening a portion of I-94 from six to eight
lanes in anticipation of the increased traffic generated by the project.'

<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wisconn_Valley_Science_and_Technology_Park>