Davin News Server

From: Governor Swill <governor.swill@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,can.politics,alt.politics.trump,alt.politics.liberalism,alt.politics.democrats,alt.politics.usa.republican
Subject: Re: MerrickGarland held in contempt - DOJ refuses to uphold the law
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2024 15:11:42 -0400

On Sun, 16 Jun 2024 16:25:14 -0000 (UTC), pothead <pothead@snakebite.com> wrote:

>On 2024-06-16, NoBody <NoBody@nowhere.com> wrote:
>> On Sat, 15 Jun 2024 20:12:41 -0700, Siri Cruise
>><chine.bleu@www.yahoo.com> wrote:

>>>Since when can Congress demand violation of executive privilege?
>>
>> The Democrats have fought exectutive privilege in the past.  I missed
>> your outrage back then.  Oh and Banon had asserted exectutive
>> privilege too and the Dems proceeded anyway
>>
>>>The materials were part of a federal investigation.
>>
>> So you believe Banon should remain outside of jail.  Good to know!
>
>We need to return to equal justice under the law because ATM, things are way out of control due to
>the Biden administration. And it might swing the other way if Trump wins and that would be equally
>as bad.
>It's like 2 kids playing in the sandbox and tossing sand at each other.
>It serves no purpose for the people and quite frankly the people on both sides are growing tired of
>all of this especially when they realize that they could easily be next.

This mess seems to have started in the nineties with the attempts to get Bill Clinton
thrown out of office despite his popularity and effectiveness.  While his impeachment
failed in the Senate, the fact that the GOP could only get him for lying about cheating on
his wife is telling.

Then the 2000 election got thrown to the SCOTUS, which, imo, it never should have been.
Time should have been allowed for the recount process in Florida to play out.

The Dems seemed quite smug in 2008 when Bush's economy blew up so bad the Dems were able
to get a black President elected even though he ran against a national hero.

Bitterness seemed to have compounded on the right with McConnell's determination to try to
prevent Obama from getting a second term.  He managed to deny Obama his right to choose a
SCOTUS justice which infuriated the Democrats.

The GOP had a power ticket in 2012 and I would have voted for Romney in any other year but
I liked Obama as President.  But that second Obama term seems to have lit a fire under
Republicans.  Horrified, seemingly that a n****r had been RE elected, all the powers of
the hard right and southern racists was brought to bear and Trump got elected.

Trump was elected and his skirting the edge of legality for his whole life caught up with
him.

Considering all this, it's no wonder the Dems gleefully went to work turning the tables on
the GOP when their turn came.  And when the GOP got the House they went to work trying to
impeach a President again.

The most astonishing thing is to hear Congress Critters talk about impeaching Presidents
while they're still candidates!

Turnabout is fair play and frankly, I don't know what the voters can do to force
Washington to break the cycle.

Swill
--
"There are over 500,000 elected positions in the United States.

70% of them are uncontested."

Not left, not right.  https://www.forwardparty.com/