Davin News Server

From: JTEM <jtem01@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: alt.global-warming,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,can.politics,alt.politics.liberalism,alt.politics.democrats,alt.politics.usa.republican
Subject: Re: Be Proud... Be LOUD! - Yukon, Northwest Territories And Nunavut Are The First Region To Achieve 100% Charging Capacity
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2024 00:46:08 -0400

  Siri Cruise wrote:

> JTEM wrote:
>> Fossil fuels are actually the best motor fuel available. They
>> contain lots of energy, provide for maximum range and refuel
>> in very little time...
>
> https://afdc.energy.gov/fuels/biodiesel-basics

First place that's circular. You're citing the exact same
government that's enforcing the incredibly stupid policies
as proof that the policies aren't stupid. This is a move
we are all familiar with, coming from bible thumpers.

Secondly, "Bio diesel" is stupid. For food waste, there
was already a market for the leftover oils:  They sprayed it
on animal feed... instant calorie boost!

Bio fuels pollute much more than does gasoline.

Diesels were already banned in most of America, for cars
anyway, because they just couldn't meet emissions. Now
they're the solution?  Well. Try this on for size:

The exact amount of diesel fuel or gasoline you can produce
from a oil is tricky. Not all oil is the same. When I was
a kid, the claim was that we needed to import all this oil
from Saudi arabia, and sell a lot of our oil to places like
Japan, because we could get more unleaded gasoline from
Saudi oil than, say, Alaskan crude...

So there's no exact figure on how much of what from a barrel
of oil but, we can get more diesel fuel from a barrel of
oil than gasoline. AND, as a rule, we can get more miles out
a gallon of diesel than gasoline. So one extremely easy,
quick and even cheap way to reduce our consumption of natural
resources would be to promote the heck out of diesel. But we
don't. We do the exact opposite. It's filthy.

--
https://jtem.tumblr.com/tagged/The%20Book%20of%20JTEM/page/5