Davin News Server

From: Alan <nuh-uh@nope.com>
Newsgroups: alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,can.politics,alt.politics.trump,alt.politics.liberalism,alt.politics.democrats,alt.politics.usa.republican
Subject: Re: Biden's failed border policies resulting in deaths of innocents
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2024 12:38:29 -0700

On 2024-06-21 12:12, Radio Gnome wrote:
> On 6/21/2024 2:50 PM, Alan wrote:
>> On 2024-06-21 10:27, NoBody wrote:
>>> "The two men charged with the murder of a 12-year-old Texas girl are
>>> migrants from Venezuela who were released into the country despite
>>> being intercepted by border agents.
>>
>> Tell me in your own words exactly what policies are different now than
>> they were under the previous administration.
>>

> - All but halted the construction of the Mexican border wall

The wall was only continuing to be built because Trump declared a
"national emergency" do keep it funded despite CONGRESS stopping it.

Both the house and the senate pass resolutions rejecting that declaration.

> - Ending Trump's travel ban restricting travel from 14 countries

A ban on travel based on what country you're coming from was HORRIBLE.

> - Reaffirm protections for DACA recipients.

Nothing to do with how many people are coming IN to the country.

> - Boost refugee admissions

Again, admitting refugees isn't a bad thing.

> - Preserving deportation relief for unauthorized immigrants who came to
> the U.S. as children and not enforcing the “public charge” rule that
> denies green cards to immigrants who might use public benefits like
> Medicaid.

Again, doesn't change how many people are coming IN.

> - Create an eight-year path to citizenship for the nation’s estimated
> 10.5 million unauthorized immigrants

Again, doesn't change...

> - Update the existing family-based immigration system

How exactly?

> - Revise employment-based visa rules and increase the number of
> diversity visas

Explain.

> - As par of build back better, legislation to make about 7 million
> unauthorized immigrants eligible to apply for protection from
> deportation, work permits and driver’s licenses.

"protection from work permits and licenses"?

> - Lifted the order authorizing Title 42

Weird that you insist COVID wasn't really a big deal AND that it was
great to use Title 42 to expel people.

But it's use was ended by the fact that COVID was no longer as big a
problem.

> did i miss anything?

Quite a lot, obviously