Davin News Server

From: CaLaVeRa <cv@invalid.org>
Newsgroups: alt.global-warming,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,can.politics,alt.politics.liberalism,alt.politics.democrats,alt.politics.usa.republican
Subject: Re: When It's Warm, YOU Call It Climate... When It's Colder You Call
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2024 09:37:10 -0600

On 6/23/2024 8:57 PM, R Kym Horsell (peehole stretcher)wrote:
> NEW ICE AGE ANY DAY NOW!
> Ith all perfikly normil!!

Precisely what the paleo-records demonstrate, true.

https://youtu.be/JCt2MhOzWVE

In 2006, Methane levels began to rapidly increase in Earth's atmosphere
and haven't showed signs of slowing down. What is causing this
mysterious spike? Are humans to blame or can this be attributed to the
planet entering a ice age termination event?

https://www.whoi.edu/know-your-ocean/ocean-topics/climate-weather/abrupt-climate-change/are-we-on-the-brink-of-a-new-little-ice-age/

Evidence for abrupt climate change is readily apparent in ice cores
taken from Greenland and Antarctica. One sees clear indications of
long-term changes discussed above, with CO² and proxy temperature
changes associated with the last ice age and its transition into our
present interglacial period of warmth. But, in addition, there is a
strong chaotic variation of properties with a quasi-period of around
1500 years. We say chaotic because these millennial shifts look like
anything but regular oscillations. Rather, they look like rapid,
decade-long transitions between cold and warm climates followed by long
interludes in one of the two states.

The best known example of these events is the Younger Dryas cooling of
about 12,000 years ago, named for arctic wildflower remains identified
in northern European sediments. This event began and ended within a
decade and for its 1000 year duration the North Atlantic region was
about 5°C colder.