Davin News Server

From: AlleyCat <katt@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,can.politics,alt.politics.trump,alt.politics.liberalism,alt.politics.democrats,alt.politics.usa.republican
Subject: Re: You're Not A Convicted Felon Because of A Jury Verdict - You're Not Convicted Unless The Judge Enters A Judgment of Guilt
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2024 23:05:36 -0500

On Thu, 27 Jun 2024 10:30:35 -0700, Alan says...

> On 2024-06-24 21:25, AlleyCat wrote:
> >
> > On Sun, 23 Jun 2024 15:16:18 -0700, Alan says...
> >
> >> Merchan has already ruled on the defence's motion to set aside the jury
> >> verdict.
> >
> > And that has absolutely NOTHING to do with his entering a judgment of guilty OR
> > sentencing.
> >
> > Trump can still appeal... and STILL not a convicted felon.
>
> So you're saying that no one is convicted...

Show me where I said that.

> ...no one in the entire country...

Again... YOUR words... not mine.

> ...until the period for filing appeal has elapsed?

Didn't say that, either.

> > You're not a convicted felon because of a jury verdict. You're not convicted
> > unless the judge enters a judgment of guilt against you.
>
> That is exactly what you are.

I'm a convicted felon?

Wellll... not convicted.

> Look up the definition of "convict".

Verb or noun?

Noun: convict

1: a person convicted of AND under sentence for a crime

Trump is not under sentence... is he? No judgment of guilt, no sentencing...

NOT A CONVICTED FELON.

2: a person serving a usually long prison sentence

Trump is not serving ANY time, is he?

Trump is not serving... is he? No judgment of guilt, no sentencing, no time
served...

NOT A CONVICTED FELON.

7 Reasons Narcissists Rarely Grow Emotionally

Narcissists Are Notorious For Not Changing. Here's Why They Get Stuck

Key points

Narcissistic behavior often begins in childhood as a form of self-defense
against feeling unloved.

The resulting self-protective patterns can block narcissists from personal
growth.

Narcissistic personalities can change, but they have to be open to self-
reflection and criticism and not get stuck in comforting delusions.

One of the most frustrating things about narcissistic personalities is their
resistance to growth. Throughout life, we all-including narcissists-have the
capacity to develop ourselves. So why do they rarely evolve?

Narcissistic behavior begins as self-protection from the shame and low self-
esteem that result from insecure attachment with parents. Children who are
developing a narcissistic personality will adopt defensive behavior patterns to
shield themselves from negative feedback, both from others and from their own
thoughts and feelings.

7 Reasons Narcissists Rarely Grow Emotionally

Keeping their negative self-concept out of consciousness (repressed) and
compensating with self-aggrandizing superiority is meant as a failsafe from
pain, but it's a deal with the devil that also blocks them from personal
growth.

1. They avoid self-reflection.

A hallmark of emotional maturity is the habit of self-reflection. We check in
with ourselves about how we're feeling, how others are responding to us, and
what we're doing that is successful and not successful. Self-reflection is an
act of self-agency that enables us to learn from our experiences and better
adapt to our circumstances.

Narcissists' refusal to self-reflect allows them to repress their shame and
avoid looking at how their grandiosity affects others, but it also prevents
them from developing self-awareness and learning from their mistakes. This is
why they tend to have a simplistic view of their childhoods, lack insight into
their relationships, and become enraged when confronted with their own
behavior. Narcissists are strangers to themselves, and they want to keep it
that way.

2. They distort reality.

Along with avoiding introspection, narcissistic people hold facts at a distance
and substitute lies and distortions that conform to their inflated self-
beliefs. From denying inconvenient truths to having delusions of superiority
and entitlement, to rationalizing neglect and abuse, to gaslighting those
around them, narcissists continuously attempt to elude reality, making
objectivity, fairness, and accountability impossible. Clinging to magical
thinking, they fail to engage with the truths that enable us to know ourselves
and others.

3. They project negatives.

Another self-protective mechanism of narcissistic people is projecting their
own negative thoughts, feelings, and actions onto others. Like avoiding
introspection and denying reality, externalizing what they wish to disown in
themselves onto people around them allows them to dump uncomfortable emotions,
such as aggression and jealousy, while giving them free rein to sidestep
consequences, repudiate responsibility, and shift blame. Narcissists'
compulsion to project makes them reckless, cruel, and impervious to the
learning that only comes from honest self-assessment and accountability.

4. They see themselves as special or perfect.

Absurd as it sounds, narcissists have a grandiose special or perfect delusion
meant to insulate them from any possibility of flaw or fault. By telling
themselves they are never wrong, deserve special treatment, and should be
exempt from rules and consequences, they rationalize never having to question
themselves or answer to others. Even covert narcissists, who may not appear
grandiose, harbor these underlying beliefs. As they see it, change is something
others need to do, never themselves.

5. They have a victim narrative.

Like the special or perfect defense, feeling victimized is a common mindset of
narcissistic people, particularly more passive-aggressive types. Adopting the
stance that they are always the wronged party when they don't get what they
want is a loophole that allows them to avoid accountability and blame others.
Playing the victim violin is also a strategy to get attention, sympathy, and
caretaking from others. The problem with framing experience as constantly
unjust is the lack of agency inherent in seeing themselves as perpetual victims
helpless to change their circumstances.

6. They don't empathize.

Narcissists' lack of empathy is perhaps their greatest deficit and obstacle to
growth. Not connecting emotionally with the experience or feeling states of
others stems from their inner alienation and lack of compassion for the
vulnerable child self. Standing at a distance from their own humanity is meant
to buffer them from vulnerability, but it keeps them fear-driven, rigid, and
isolated.

7. Others shield them from consequences.

Narcissistic people are emotionally dysregulated, ruthlessly self-serving, and
profoundly traumatizing to others, particularly their family members. Many have
been shielded from consequences in childhood (while also being emotionally
deprived). As adults, they seek out partners who similarly accept and enable
their delusions and abusive behavior, and they often align with narcissistic
professions and institutions that reinforce their entitlement.
The narcissistic trap

Like the rest of us, people who are narcissistic can change and evolve. But as
long as they shun self-reflection, distort reality, project negatives, self-
aggrandize, play the victim, and disconnect emotionally while never being held
to account by the people around them, they will not get the traction they need
to develop moral responsibility and healthier ways of coping. What begins as a
childhood defense against feelings of unlovability becomes a self-fulfilling
trap that makes it impossible to experience trust and loving connection with
the self or others.