Davin News Server

From: AlleyCat <katt@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,can.politics,alt.politics.trump,alt.politics.liberalism,alt.politics.democrats,alt.politics.usa.republican
Subject: One Variable At The Heart of Infant Mortality Rates Going Up... DEMOCRATS Having More Babies
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2024 23:05:40 -0500

On Thu, 27 Jun 2024 09:00:40 -0700, Alan says...

> On 2024-06-26 17:42, AlleyCat wrote:
> >
> > On Wed, 26 Jun 2024 16:21:50 +0000, Lee says...
> >

> >> Texas?s ?Pro-Life? Abortion Law Has
> >> Literally Led to More Infant Deaths
> >> JUNE 25, 2024
> >>

> >> The infant mortality rate went
> >> up in the state by nearly 13% the
> >> year after the Heartbeat Act went
> >> into effect.
> >>
> >> On Monday, a study published
> >> in the JAMA Pediatrics journal
> >
> > Are you REALLY this stupid?
> >
> > If there are 5 million cars on the road the deahs from car crashes is going to
> > be a certain rate.
>
> You still don't understand what a RATE is.

Oh... I understand completely. The rates after the abortion laws changed are
NOT going to be linear... they will increase exponentially because of more
DEMOCRATS having more babies.

If the laws affected no one but the same EXACT people that were having babies
before the laws changed, then yes, the rates would have stayed the same...
probably.

But that's not the case, is it?

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=blacks+have+higher+infant+mortality+ratesandia=web

Roe v. Wade kept a LOT of Black women from having babies and jacking up the
IMR. THAT is why the rates are going up now... more BLACK women having babies.

Why are you so keen to kill off Blacks, like Margret Sanger, one of your
liberal heroes?

https://i.imgur.com/xkCkD1G.png

> > If you increase the number of cars on the roads, what will happen to the deah
> > rate?
> >
> > I thought only the intelligent used Usenet?
> >
> > The abortion laws aren't what's killing the babies... more babies being born,
> > more the deahs there will be.
>
> > Did the deah RATE per/x babies go up?
> >

> That is literally what "infant mortality RATE" (written above) means.

Right. But you snipped (of course) the most important variable out of the
equation, since you're a a conniving little liberal bitch.

"Maybe, but only because more DEMOCRATS are having babies and they're KNOWN to
have higher infant mortality."

Now that more DEMOCRATS are having babies and they are KNOWN to lose more
babies, they are adding to the INFANT MORTALITY RATES.

Infant Mortality And African Americans | Office Of Minority Health

https://minorityhealth.hhs.gov/infant-mortality-and-african-americans

The infant mortality rate is the number of infant deaths for every 1,000 live
births. In addition to giving us key information about maternal and infant
health, the infant mortality rate is an important marker of the overall health
of a society. ... Non-Hispanic blacks/African Americans have 2.4 times the
infant mortality rate as non-Hispanic ...

=====

A Review Of Racial Disparities In Infant Mortality In The US

Racial disparities in infant mortality have persisted, despite the overall
decline in the United States' overall infant mortality rate (IMR). The overall
IMR of the entire United States (5.58 per 1000 live births) population masks
significant disparities by race and ethnicity: the non-Hispanic Black
population experienced an IMR of 10.8 ...

=====

Infant Mortality Among Black Babies | The Pursuit | University Of ...

https://sph.umich.edu/pursuit/2020 - Posts/infant-mortality-among-black-
babies.html

In the US, there has been a decline in infant mortality, but Black infants are
observed to have about 2.1 times the infant mortality rate of White infants.
Black infants are 3.8 times more likely to die from low birth weight
complications, and Black mothers are more likely than White mothers to receive
late or no prenatal care. 8

=====

Racial Disparities In Maternal And Infant Health: Current Status ... - KFF

https://www.kff.org/racial-equity-and-health-policy/issue-brief/racial-
disparities-in-maternal-and-infant-health-current-status-and-efforts-to-
address-them/

Nov 1, 2022 - Black and AIAN women have pregnancy-related mortality rates that
are about three and two times higher, respectively, compared to the rate for
White women (41.4 and 26.5 vs. 13.7 per 100,000 live ...

=====

Infant Mortality In The United States, 1915-2017: Large Social ...

During 1916-2017, the infant mortality rate declined dramatically for both
black and white infants; however, racial disparities in mortality generally
increased through 2000 due to a slower decline in mortality for black infants.
In 2017, black infants had a 122% higher risk of infant mortality than white
infants.

=====

CDC Data Shows Rise In Maternal Mortality And Deaths Of Black ... - PBS

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/show/cdc-data-shows-rise-in-maternal-mortality-
and-deaths-of-black-infants-in-u-s

Mar 16, 2023 - In 2018, an average of 17 mothers died for every 100,000 births
in America. But, by 2021, that rate shot up to almost 33 mothers per 100,000.
This trend was far worse for Black mothers, more than ...

=====

Black Newborns Are Less Likely To Die In Black Doctors' Care | Science News

https://www.sciencenews.org/article/black-newborn-baby-survival-doctor-race-
mortality-rate-disparity

The infant mortality rate in the United States is more than twice as high for
Black infants as it is for white infants: 10.8 deaths per 1,000 live births
compared with 4.6 per 1,000 as of 2018 ...

=====

Childbirth Is Deadlier For Black Families Even When They're Rich ...

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2023/02/12/upshot/child-maternal-mortality-
rich-poor.html

Feb 12, 2023 - The first chart shows that as a Black mother's income increases,
the rate of infant mortality generally drops. The same is true in the second
chart for white mothers, but at much lower rates ...

=====

Persistent Disparities In Black Infant Mortality Across ... - Nature

Dec 30, 2023 - In contrast, population-weighted neonatal, post-neonatal, and
infant mortality rates were higher among Black infants at all gestational ages
(all p < 0.05, Fig. 1, Supplementary Table 1), with ...

=====

The US Black-White Infant Mortality Gap: Marker Of Deep Inequities

The infant mortality rate has long been considered a summary measure of the
health of a population. 1,2 The differential between infant mortality rates for
babies born to White and Black mothers in the United States has been a focal
point in public health for many years. 3 Although infant mortality has