Davin News Server

From: password1234 <password1234@keemail.me>
Newsgroups: can.politics
Subject: Re: Dumbass Cuntnadian Liberal Thinks ALL Hurricanes Make Landfall
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2024 03:44:38 -0000 (UTC)

On Mon, 1 Jul 2024 19:15:34 -0700, Alan wrote:

> On 2024-07-01 19:02, password1234 wrote:

>>> I think MANY hurricanes make landfall...
>>>
>>> ...and I'm right.
>>
>> I don't want to stir the pot, but in the name of being accurate, if you
>> ask any Newfie fisherman they will tell you that they have been stuck
>> miles out by hurricanes that have not hit shore.
>>

> Will they, though?
>
> Because I'm saying you made that up without a single reference.

Well, they may not tell YOU because you seem to be generally disagreeable,
so no fun to drink with...but I do not suffer the same infliction.

Many from down home have told me stories about being stuck out there with
their bow into the waves during an offshore hurricane.

I can't give you a reference because this information is from various
sessions around the North East coast of Newfoundland over a 40 or so of
Wisers.

Maybe MANY hurricanes will break shore, I don't know, but not ALL do. I
have no dog in this fight--just saying.

Is it general usenet etiquette to call someone a liar as a "nice to meet
you" now?

I just came back to usenet after leaving in the late 90's because people
told me that Eternal September wasn't really a thing anymore--but you are
definitely proving them wrong there.

If the weatherman doesn't know anything about the weather, what chance do
you or I have?

Or are you asking me to trust the same scientists behind the information
telling me it's raining when it's sunny outside? Or that it is supposed to
be sunny while I'm sittin idle not able to work the soil because of the
pissing rain?

I'm not opposed to doing what we can, but let's have as accurate picture
as we can so that we can act accordingly.

MAYBE they did happen as much before but out at sea. What would that mean
if they did? What would it mean if they didn't?