Davin News Server

From: AlleyCat <katt@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: alt.global-warming,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,can.politics,alt.politics.liberalism,alt.politics.democrats,alt.politics.usa.republican
Subject: Have You Ever Wondered Why The Present Warming Started Going Up After 1970?
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2024 22:51:37 -0500

Clean Air Act: 1963

Clean Air Act: 1970

In the United States, the "Clean Air Act" typically refers to the codified
statute at 42 U.S.C. ch. 85. That statute is the product of multiple acts of
Congress, one of which-the 1963 act-was actually titled the Clean Air Act, and
another of which-the 1970 act-is most often referred to as such.

=====

Milloy Forces Washington Post To Admit Cleaner Air Is Causing Warming

Hey everyone, Steve Malloy here. Congratulations, sort of, to the Washington
Post for finally, sort of, mentioning the new Nature study about cleaner air
causing more warming.

The study was published by Nature almost a month ago and I've been hectoring
the fake news media about ignoring it. Check out my videos on it.

Post reporter Shannon Osaka finally mentioned its results without providing any
details. The study reported that 80% of the past year's warming spike was due
to cleaner air resulting from global shipping using lower sulfur diesel fuel.

Toss in El Nino and the warming spike of the past year is entirely explained by
nature and cleaner air. Greenhouse gas emissions have nothing to do with
anything.

But Osaka failed to mention the 80% estimate or link to the study in her
article. She linked lots of other material but not the new Nature study. She
apparently doesn't want readers to know about the 80% estimate and the fact
that greenhouse gas emissions are demonstrably irrelevant to warming.

Osaka tried to spin the cleaner air caused warming by saying that air pollution
has actually been masking warming caused by emissions. But while sulfur
aerosols in the sky may have been shielding us from more warming, there are a
few things to keep in mind.

First, it's been warming for a long time, since the coldest point of the Little
Ice Age about 350 years ago, so warming is natural. Next, we've been cleaning
the air since the 1970s.

If cleaner air is causing warming, then it's been happening since then. Has all
reported warming since the 1980s actually been caused by cleaner air?

Finally, Osaka claims as an aside that air pollution has killed tens of
millions of people and so cleaning the air has been necessary.

That is absolutely false. Only a handful of people have ever been killed by
outdoor air pollution. I discuss these few incidents in my 2016 book, "Scare
Pollution".

All of the handful of deaths were caused by the combination of air inversions
trapping acidic industrial emissions during the mid-20th century. But such
acidic industrial emissions don't happen anymore anywhere, even on the worst
air day in China or India.

No one dies from air pollution because emissions of acidified gases like sulfur
dioxide are always at low and safe levels. And that's how it all ties together.

Sulfur dioxide emissions are very low today. That means fewer aerosols in the
sky to reflect solar radiation back to space. And that means more sunshine and
more warming.

Warming is not greenhouse gases, it's the sun.

=====

July:

Avalanche At Kedarnath Temple

Australia's Bitter Cold And Low Wind Leads To Power Concerns

Greenland's Record Summer Gains

=====

June:

Aussies Brace For Icy Weekend

South America's Snowiest Start To A Season In 30-Years
Record Cold Freezes The Sea In Tierra del Fuego
US Heatwave Failed To Deliver

Percentage of U.S. To Reach 90F by June 23 Among Lowest On Record

Avalanches Strand Dozens In Chile
Utah's Snowiest Two-Year Period On Record

Canada Hit With Extremes
Swiss Glacier Recovery
Ski Season Delays In S. America After Record Snow
Coldest Start To Winter In Decades For Parts Of Australia

Polar Blast Hits Australian Alps

Montana's Record Lows and Snows

Fresh Snowfall Hits Northwestern Peaks
Cold Records Fall In Montana And Alberta
Frosts Hit The Aussie Tropics

Queensland Freeze Breaks 32-Year Record
Record Cold British Columbia
New Study Identifies Antarctica's Record Winter Cold