Davin News Server

From: AlleyCat <katt@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,can.politics,alt.politics.trump,alt.politics.liberalism,alt.politics.obama,alt.politics.usa.republican
Subject: Re: Trump Doesn't Even Know That There Are 54 or 57 Fucking States, As Per Biden and Obama, Respectively
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2024 09:09:29 -0500

On Mon, 19 Aug 2024 10:09:43 -0700,  Alan says...

> On 2024-08-18 22:20, AlleyCat wrote:

> >> You seem to be trying to run against Joe Biden.
> >>
> >> Are you as senile as Trump?
> >
> > Uh, no... maybe YOU are, since you don't seem to know that Biden is STILL the President, and WHO
> > says he's not fair game, just because he's not running for President anymore?
> >
> > THAT'S stupid liberal logic.
> >
> > Like, NO ONE has ever made fun of past Presidents like Reagan.
> >
> > Sometimes, bunny... I wonder why you try at all.
> >
> > PLONK!
>
> You seemed to be confused about what "PLONK!" means.

Not at all.

PLONK!

Why Do People With Narcissistic Personality Disorder Play Games?

At times, it may appear that the goal of someone living with NPD is to get their needs met, which may involve
other people who consciously and unconsciously help them achieve that end, says Dena DiNardo, PhD, a clinical
psychologist in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.

"These 'games' are strategic manipulations," she adds. "Often, they're completely unconscious. People having
trouble with this level of narcissism are usually in such deep pain that their ability to empathetically
connect with the pain of others is low."

What games do people with narcissistic personality disorder play?

Those who live with NPD often HAVE LOW SELF-ESTEEM.

As a result, many games they play may revolve around maintaining a sense of control, so they don't have to be
confronted with the shame that they may feel inside.

This is why Ski Bunny can't post his own shit.

"People with narcissistic personality disorder tend to use strategies to gain power and control over the
individual in order to assert superiority and/or dominance over them," says Rahmah Albugami, a licensed
professional counselor in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. "In this way, they get their needs met TO BOOST THEIR
EGOS, VALUE, AND SELF-ESTEEM."

Poor Ski Bunny. :-(

Some common games someone with narcissistic personality disorder might engage in include:

 blame shifting
 deception
 gaslighting
 ghosting
 playing the victim
 projection

While these games may be common for someone with NPD, not everyone who plays them will have this condition or
another personality disorder.

How can you recognize when games are being played?

Becoming more familiar with these games may help you spot them in action and set appropriate personal
boundaries.

Gaslighting:

Gaslighting refers to denying the truth of a situation as you saw or heard it, which can confuse your sense
of reality. They may be trying to avoid getting caught for something by turning it back around on you.

"One of the most common things to look out for are if you're constantly questioning yourself," says Albugami.

Revenge:

Having a fragile sense of self is not uncommon for someone with NPD.

If you call them out on their behaviors, it may create a narcissistic rage or injury. Rather than sit with
the difficult emotion and self-reflect, they may instead externalize the agony they feel in the form of
revenge.