Davin News Server

From: Petzl <petzlx@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: alt.survival,misc.survivalism,uk.politics.misc,alt.conspiracy,can.politics,aus.politics
Subject: Re: Desalinization vs. Reservoirs
Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2024 09:10:43 +1000

On Fri, 30 Aug 2024 10:17:33 -0400, Frank <"frank "@frank.net> wrote:

>On 8/30/2024 6:04 AM, Intelligent Party wrote:

>>> Here is pertinent intelligence accumulated so far, on, ca.water:
>>> https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/ca.water/y5tkrEW4Gkk
>>
>> The Hoover Dam cost $49 million to build in 1930, equal to $860 million
>> today.  Per Quora, we think it would cost much more today, closer to $10
>> billion.
>> https://www.quora.com/How-much-would-it-cost-to-build-the-Hoover-Dam-from-scratch-in-todays-dollars-and-under-todays-construction-rules
>>
>> If it cost $10 Billion
>>
>> The San Diego County Carlsbad Desalinization plant cost about $1 billion
>> to build
>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Claude_%22Bud%22_Lewis_Carlsbad_Desalination_Plant
>>
>> It produces 50 million gallons of fresh water per day or 18.25 billion
>> per year.
>>
>Might add that dam generates electricity where desalinization requires
>electricity to run.

Population of Sydney Australia in 2024 is 5,185,000
The final cost of it's desalination plant,was $1.803 billion.
Including wind generators providing (100%)38 megawatts of electricity
at full production of it's total of 140 megawatts from 67 turbines. I
Water from the Pacific Ocean operational from 2010 provides one third
of Sydney's water (91 gigalitres a year) and can be doubled for a lot
less cost of a "Tack on" plant.
Built by a Labor (Democrat type)Government.
Opposed by the opposition Liberal(Republican type) who want to recycle
shit instead of a much cheaper/safer/plentiful choice, the pacific
Ocean
Liberal reasoning for is political hatred that Labor did something
right.

I see California (Democrat) want Californians to drink shit as well,
instead of having the Pacific ocean along its cost as well.
--
Petzl
According to Dave Hodges' sources ...and he has excellent