Davin News Server

From: AlleyCat <katt@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: alt.global-warming,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,can.politics,alt.politics.liberalism,alt.politics.democrats,alt.politics.usa.republican
Subject: Wind Power: So "Green"
Date: Sun, 1 Sep 2024 02:04:15 -0500

Wind Turbine Collapses: 'Leaking Oil Everywhere!' - 'Wait, these 'green' wind turbines use oil' - Yes, avg of
12,000 gallons of oil for typical wind farm.

To make one wind turbine, 'we have to extract 900 tons of steel, 2,500 tons of concrete, and 45 tons of non-
renewable plastic' - so "Green"

Watch: 'Juice' debunks claims that solar and wind power as 'green': To make one wind turbine, 'we have to
extract 900 tons of steel, 2,500 tons of concrete, and 45 tons of non-renewable plastic'
Juice: Why Wind and Solar Make Our Power Grid Less Reliable: Excerpt: "Just to produce one turbine, we have
to extract 900 tons of steel, 2,500 tons of concrete, and 45 tons of non-renewable plastic. Then we've got to
transport that and burn fuel, getting it all carried across the world and put up. And none of these things
that go into a turbine are renewable."

Might wanna put earplugs in for the beginning. - https://youtu.be/pNS7Qojr1JQ

John Stossel:

Juice: Why Wind and Solar Make Our Power Grid Less Reliable - Politicians and activists tell how "renewable"
energy will save us from the climate "crisis." They don't tell us about the real costs of green power.

My new video covers a documentary series called, "Juice: Politics, Power and the Grid." It reveals how
although renewables sound green, they have lots of problems. California promises to get 50% of their
electricity from renewable sources. Now they deal with blackouts, rationing, and prices that increased 3x
faster than in the rest of the US. You can watch the full documentary at @JuiceTheSeries .

Juice: Why Wind and Solar Make Our Power Grid Less Reliable: Excerpt: "Just to produce one turbine, we have
to extract 900 tons of steel, 2,500 tons of concrete, and 45 tons of non-renewable plastic. Then we've got to
transport that and burn fuel, getting it all carried across the world and put up. And none of these things
that go into a turbine are renewable."

Wind Turbine Collapses: 'Leaking Oil Everywhere!' - 'Wait, these 'green' wind turbines use oil' - Yes, avg of
12,000 gallons of oil for typical wind farm

============================================================================================================

We choose to assert ourselves as a global leader in transitioning to 100% renewable energy.

Scaled up across the country right now.

Renewable power is so much better, we're told. Instead of increasing pollution, we get carbon-free power from
the sun and the wind.

I might add, windmills do not cause cancer.

A new documentary series, Juice, Power, Politics, and the Grid, notes that politicians have pushed renewable
energy for a long time. Leaders in California are aiming to generate 50% of their electricity from renewable
sources.

by 2030. California might now achieve that, but to get there, they're forcing people to pay much more. The
cost of electricity in California has increased three times faster than the rest of the U.S. People in
Washington now pay an average 11 cents per kilowatt hour. In Oregon, they pay 13 cents. In California,
though, almost 30 cents. Do they at least get reliable energy for that? No. There's a problem with wind
turbines and solar power. They don't work when the wind isn't blowing and the sun isn't shining. Blackouts
happened over the weekend with little notice. California learned that renewable power isn't reliable. Two
million people now plunged into darkness across California. Even the governor admitted. We failed to predict
and plan. A few years later, California only avoided another blackout by pressuring people to cut their power
use. Keep doing what you've done. Keep doing what you've done. Keep doing what you've done. Keep doing what
you've done.

one or two more nights of this and we will turn the page. Will they? So far, their biggest impact is to make
things cost more. California will require all new homes to have solar power. It's the reason California has
the most expensive housing in America. The average house now costs almost $800,000. If you can afford that,
you get government money for generating solar power. But the handout mostly goes to rich people. And it's
inefficient. As their solar panels produce power during the day when the sun is up, they're able to sell the
excess power that they produce into the grid exactly when the grid doesn't need it. The grid is then
inundated with solar power and can't use it all. Nonetheless, they get paid a very high price for that power.
And then when the grid actually does need the power and they aren't producing solar

=====

August:

Thousands Without Power In Tasmania As Cold And Snow Intensify

Foot Of Snow Closes Going-To-The-Sun Road

Rare August Snow Clips Montana's Peaks

Earth's Oceans Are Cooling Fast, And Scientists Have Yet To Come Up With A Party-Approved Reason Why

Snow In Wyoming And Colorado

August Snow Has U.S. Resorts Planning For Winter

Rare Snow And Century-Old Cold Records Fall In California

Rare August Chill Breaks Decades-Old Records

Rare August Snow For The Sierra Nevada

The Atlantic's Rapid Cooling

Heavy Snow Hits New Zealand's South Island

Record Summer Chills Sweep The Great Lakes, Northeast, and Southern Canada

Where Are The Hurricanes? Another Crushing Defeat For Team Climate Change

Antarctica Registers -75.5C (-103.9F), Sea Ice Surges

Winter Far From Over In New Zealand

Historical "Heatwave Days" Show No Trend

Researchers Pumped Extra CO2 Into A Forest, And Biodiversity Thrived

Low Temperature Records Fall In U.S.

Frosts Persist In South America, Impacting Coffee Prices

Island Nations Like Tuvalu: Growing, Not Sinking

Record Cold Sweeps Brazil

Antarctica Back Below -70C (-94F)

Summer Snowfall at Khardungla Pass

Polar Bear And Arctic Sea Ice Lies Persist

Polar Fronts To Hit South America

Antarctic Sea Ice Extent Gains 1 Million Km2 In A Week

Frigid Winter Forecast For NH

Vast Cold Wave About To Sweep The U.S.
Greek Study Challenges CO2-Temperature Causality
Arctic Shipping Season Is Shortening
Rapid Antarctic Sea Ice Growth
Heavy Snow Hits New Zealand
Too Many Polar Bears In Greenland
British Farmers Paid To NOT Produce Food
Record July Cold Hits Scotland
Summer To Quit Early This Year
Remarkable Summer Gains On The Greenland Ice Sheet
Arctic Sea Ice Extent: No Cause For Alarm
$78 Trillion To Fight The Hoax of 'Climate Crisis'