Davin News Server

From: Mittens Romney <robberbaron@invalid.ut>
Newsgroups: alt.survival,misc.survivalism,uk.politics.misc,alt.conspiracy,can.politics,aus.politics
Subject: Re: Desalinization vs. Reservoirs
Date: Sun, 1 Sep 2024 10:35:28 -0600

Alan wrote:
> On 2024-08-31 13:54, Mittens Romney wrote:
>> Alan wrote:
>>> Yes: you regularly dismiss facts.
>>
>> Dismissed!
>>
>> The water pre-exists the plant and process.
>
> A dam doesn't increase the amount of available fresh water.

Non sequitur, you lose again.

https://chemistry.illinois.edu/news/2007-12-31t163909/scientists-discover-new-way-make-water

Scientists at the University of Illinois have discovered a new way to
make water, and without the pop. Not only can they make water from
unlikely starting materials, such as alcohols, their work could also
lead to better catalysts and less expensive fuel cells.

“We found that unconventional metal hydrides can be used for a chemical
process called oxygen reduction, which is an essential part of the
process of making water,” said Zachariah Heiden, a doctoral student and
lead author of a paper accepted for publication in the Journal of the
American Chemical Society, and posted on its Web site.

--
⛨ 🥐🥖🗼