Davin News Server

From: Alan <nuh-uh@nope.com>
Newsgroups: alt.survival,misc.survivalism,uk.politics.misc,alt.conspiracy,can.politics,aus.politics
Subject: Re: Desalinization vs. Reservoirs
Date: Sun, 1 Sep 2024 11:15:06 -0700

On 2024-09-01 09:35, Mittens Romney wrote:
> Alan wrote:
>>>
>>> Dismissed!
>>>
>>> The water pre-exists the plant and process.
>>
>> A dam doesn't increase the amount of available fresh water.
>
> Non sequitur, you lose again.
>
> https://chemistry.illinois.edu/news/2007-12-31t163909/scientists-discover-new-way-make-water
>
> Scientists at the University of Illinois have discovered a new way to
> make water, and without the pop. Not only can they make water from
> unlikely starting materials, such as alcohols, their work could also
> lead to better catalysts and less expensive fuel cells.
>
> “We found that unconventional metal hydrides can be used for a chemical
> process called oxygen reduction, which is an essential part of the
> process of making water,” said Zachariah Heiden, a doctoral student and
> lead author of a paper accepted for publication in the Journal of the
> American Chemical Society, and posted on its Web site.

There are lots of ways to produce water from other substances, but that
is a totally different conversation.

This thread is about:

"Desalinization vs. Reservoirs"

Reservoirs store water that ends up in them from streams and rivers and
that water ended up in those streams and rivers from precipitation. You
can only get as much water--on long-term average--from a reservoir as
precipitation delivers into the reservoir. In short, a reservoir doesn't
increase the amount of fresh water available.

Desalination ("desaliniZATION" isn't really a word) increases the amount
of fresh water available by taking from what is the reservoir of the
entire world--the oceans--and gives you a greater supply of fresh water
than you had without it.

Why can you not be an adult about things like this, Loser-2?