Davin News Server

From: AlleyCat <katt@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,can.politics,alt.politics.trump,alt.politics.liberalism,alt.politics.democrats,alt.politics.usa.republican
Subject: LOL - Rudy Starts Threads About People Who Aren't Even Here and Not Posting - If THAT'S Not Rudy In Need Of So Much Attention And Validation, I Don't Know What IS
Date: Sun, 1 Sep 2024 14:21:18 -0700

On Sun, 1 Sep 2024 11:51:05 -0700,  J Carlson says...

> > Attention Trap Part 1: Narcissism, Validation and Self-Worth
>
> By starting a thread like this, AlleyPussyBitch, the narcissist, proves that
> *she* is the one who has a sick need for attention and validation.

Yeah, I'm the one starting new threads about people who aren't here and posting.

Riiiiiight.

Such a sad little troll.

Not a single post from Kremlin Girl / Bit of Nothingness today responding to her
own whingeing troll post to complain about her opponents - her intellectual and
moral superiors - ignoring her. I don't recall any other day in which she has
not engaged in that petulant, childish whingeing. Usually, those comprise 30% or
more of her posts. Message-ID: <T32BO.266650$jia4.151092@fx18.iad>

Rudy before he thinks about posting to Usenet to rattle cages and beg for attention.

https://i.imgur.com/12Xh581.mp4

=====

Attention Trap Part 1: Narcissism, Validation and Self-Worth

Picture yourself in a newsgroup. What do you do? Do you scan the group looking for someone to fuck with? If
no one fucks with you, do you feel less validated? Do you feel best when fucking with a person whom you know
is smarter, taller, athletic and better looking?

If you've answered yes to any of these questions, you may have fallen into what I call an Attention Trap.

As humans, once our basic needs are met, much of our conscious and unconscious behaviors are meant to make us
feel respected and validated. But this attention and validation can come from external or internal sources.

Internally, the source of attention and validation is self-esteem. And externally, this attention and
validation tends to take one of two forms - either the long-term reinforcement of the self that comes from
friends, family, or a committed relationship, or the short-term benefits of narcissistic behaviors in which
we seek attention, admiration or adoration. One is a cure, the other is a Band-Aid.

If enough of your external validation comes from attention, it can become an addiction - a dependence on the
affirmations of others in order to feel a sense of worth.

And believe it or not, you can even see this attention addiction in our online behaviors.

NOOOOO!

In 2011, researchers from the University of Kentucky published this article describing how narcissists and
non-narcissists represent themselves in internet profiles and communications. Of course, narcissists
displayed intentional self-promoting photos on their Facebook profile pages, but they were especially likely
to use fake photos when they had promoted themselves less in the rest of their profile. If they didn't cry
for attention with their words, they were even more likely to cry for attention with their pictures!

(he's not that tall... lol)

Further research shows the effects of this narcissistic, attention-seeking form of band-aiding the self in
comparison with the internal experience of self-esteem. Basically, narcissists felt as if they alone were
awesome, whereas people with high self-esteem felt like both they and their romantic partners were awesome.
Self-esteem builds community, whereas narcissistic attention-seeking rips it down.

What it comes down to is this: Only through the internal experience of self-esteem can you ensure that your
external validation takes the form of a constructive relationship instead of serial attention-seeking.
Remember, the answer is never outside of yourself. It is always inside.