Davin News Server

From: R Kym Horsell <kymhorsell@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: alt.global-warming,can.politics,alt.politics
Subject: Re: "North Pole Could Be Ice Free In 2008"
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2024 19:10:30 -0000 (UTC)

In alt.global-warming Dhu on Gate <campbell@neotext.ca> wrote:
> On Sun, 1 Sep 2024 13:32:36 -0700, AlleyCat wrote:
>>> Ya know, you really ought to read what you post sometime.
>> Is the Arctic ice-free?
> There's A LOT LESS OF IT.  Read what you post.
> Dhu

That would set a precedent and is illegal under Florida law!

The plot of Arctic seaice thickness is at <kym.massbus.org/graphs/th.gif>.
The 1m avg thickness is the critical value. Seaice around that thick can
not survive a full 12m freeze/melt cycle.

Hillbillies get confused by ice extent because thin ice gets blow around
by the increasing Arctic storm activity and looks like its growing.
The lightbulb glows brightest just before it goes black kinda thing.

In 2010 3 months were under 1m avg thickness.
In 2011 4 months were under 1m.

Extrapolating the trends for each month we can predict
one of the next few years will see 5m under 1m.
The earliest the trends predict 6m is around 2032.
Around then there is a good possibility to see some part of the year
ice free in a good chunk of the Arctic, probably the fast ice along
the coast being the only notable amount.

The number of months <1m only goes up from there.
11m is expected by 2065 and all 12 m around 2070.
Around then it will be a rare year with notable ice in any month.

--
Greek philosophers argued that knowlege was Justified True Belief.
You "know" X if

Flash forward 2000 years and scientists now know that (3)
does not mean Google search.