Davin News Server

From: R Kym Horsell <kymhorsell@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: alt.global-warming,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,can.politics,alt.politics.liberalism,alt.politics.democrats,alt.politics.usa.republican
Subject: Re: "North Pole Could Be Ice Free In 2000, uh 2008, uh, 2014, uh,
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2024 04:21:02 -0000 (UTC)

In alt.global-warming Alan <nuh-uh@nope.com> wrote:
> On 2024-09-03 17:35, Serial Dimwit <dimwit1@whitebread.org> wrote:
>> On Mon, 2 Sep 2024 09:26:10 -0700,  Alan says...
>>> Has the Arctic ice minimum fallen from 6.9 million square kilometres in
>>> 1979 to 4.37 million square kilometres in 2023?
>> Is man responsible for that... you know... since the ice has melted before wi
th nearly HALF the CO?? levels we
>> have now?
> Are you planning on running and running now?

I think Serial Dimwit will spent the rest of the week just making shit up,
like above.

The last time CO2 levels were "half of what they are now" was
180000 years ago when sea levels were 125m down on present levels
and 1/2 the earth incl the Arctic Ocean had 1-2 mi of ice on top of it.

--
<https://thedebrief.org/new-research-exposes-the-narcissistic-traits-and-fragile
-egos-of-online-trolls/>
New Research Exposes the Narcissistic Traits and Fragile Egos of Online
Trolls
The Debrierf/Tim McMillian, 2 Sep 2024
In the digital age, few phenomena have proven as pervasive and toxic as
"online trolling." From social media platforms to comment sections on
news websites, trolls are everywhere, stirring up conflict and
spreading negativity. ...
Two recent studies published in Telematics and Informatics and
Behavioral Sciences sheds light on the psychology behind trolling. Both
studies converge on a similar conclusion: a significant proportion of
trolls exhibit narcissistic traits. They are often characterized by an
inflated sense of self-importance, a lack of empathy for others, and an
insatiable need for attention and admiration. ...
Narcissists thrive on validation and often seek to dominate online
spaces where they can control the narrative and draw attention to
themselves. However, their behavior is not just about asserting
superiority but also a defense mechanism against their insecurities. ...
According to the researchers, individuals with low self-esteem may turn
to trolling as a way to compensate for their insecurities. By attacking
others, they create a temporary sense of power and control. However,
this behavior can also lead to a cycle of negativity: the more they
troll, the worse they feel about themselves, prompting even more
destructive actions.
"Note that this evidence is in line with the social compensation
hypothesis, which proposes that social media elicit the `poor get
richer' effect, meaning that the use of social media is especially
promising for people who are limited in their communication skills
offline," researchers wrote.