Davin News Server

From: Mittens Romney <robberbaron@invalid.ut>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,can.politics,can.general
Subject: Re: Trudeau Humiliated by Steel Worker
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2024 12:31:22 -0600

Adam H. Kerman wrote:
> BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
>
>> Trudeau just got publicly castrated by a steel worker he was trying to use as
>> a photo-op:
>
>> https://video.twimg.com/amplify_video/1830302356354777089/vid/avc1/576x1024/qUe2bVkkI0qcRpPB.mp4?tag=16
>
>> His words were direct, brutally honest, and undeniable, but what made it
>> impressive was that he delivered them without being rude or overly emotional.
>
> Justin was buying votes with donuts; it didn't work.

I suppose he could have frozen his bank account like he did to the
Ontario truckers protesters.

> 40% taxes? Is that just national, or does that include provincial and
> local? Does Canada have local income tax?

https://taxsummaries.pwc.com/canada/individual/taxes-on-personal-income

Recipient	Provincial/territorial tax	Provincial/territorial surtax
Top rate (%)	Taxable income (CAD)	Rate (%)	Threshold (CAD)

Ontario	13.16	220,000	20 and 36	5,554 and 7,108

Combined federal/provincial (or federal/territorial) effective top
marginal tax rates for 2023 are shown below. The rates reflect all 2024
federal, provincial, and territorial budgets (which are usually
introduced in the spring of each year).

Recipient	Highest federal/provincial (or territorial) tax rate (%)
Interest and ordinary income	Capital gains (1)	Canadian dividends
Eligible (2)	Non-eligible (2)

Ontario	53.5	26.8	39.3	47.7

https://www.retailcouncil.org/resources/quick-facts/sales-tax-rates-by-province/

There are three types of sales taxes in Canada: PST, GST and HST. See
below for an overview of sales tax amounts for each province and territory.

Province	Type	PST	GST	HST	Total

Ontario	HST	 	 		13%	13%

> I'm going to disagree on what insurance -- whether private provided or
> nationalized -- should cover. $50 out-of-pocket for routine dental care
> is not unaffordable.

$200 per family is on TOP of that total 40% tax hit.

> Insurance should pay for major expenses, otherwise
> it's pre-paid medical care.

That's what the steel worker basically told Justine!

--
⛨ 🥐🥖🗼🤪