Davin News Server

From: Alan <nuh-uh@nope.com>
Newsgroups: alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,can.politics,alt.politics.trump,alt.politics.liberalism,alt.politics.democrats,alt.politics.usa.republican
Subject: Re: Democrat Godzilla Tells Democrats To Fuck Off With Your Orwellian
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2024 16:08:39 -0700

On 2024-09-06 13:08, Bradley K. Sherman wrote:

> Ex-Dem Godzilla Leader Switches To Republicans
>
>   | Former California Democratic leader Gloria Romero has switched to the Republican Party, criticizing
>   | Democrats for authoritarianism and extreme positions on issues like abortion and gender identity.
>   | She endorsed Trump and mocked Green movement regulations on appliances.
>   | Republicans welcomed her departure, while Democrats dismissed it as outdated news.
>   | Source: Fox News
>   | ...
>
> <https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GWxujcJWsAACy9b?format=jpg&name=large>
>
>    --bks

Just for perspective, 40 former Trump cabinet members won't endorse him.

Many are publicly horrified at the prospect of him getting back into power:

"I have made clear that I strongly oppose Trump for the nomination and
will not endorse Trump," [former AG William] Barr told NBC News.

Former Defense Secretary Mark Esper has called him a “threat to democracy.”

Former national security adviser John Bolton has declared him “unfit to
be president.”

Sarah Matthews, a former Trump aide who testified before the House Jan.
6 committee and is among those warning about the threat he poses, said
it’s “mind-boggling” how many members of his senior staff have denounced
him.

“These are folks who saw him up close and personal and saw his
leadership style,” Matthews said.

“The American people should listen to what these folks are saying
because it should be alarming that the people that Trump hired to work
for him a first term are saying that he’s unfit to serve for a second term.”

She saw how Trump’s staff tried to get him to condemn the violence for
hours without success.

“In my eyes, it was a complete dereliction of duty that he did not
uphold his oath of office," Matthews told USA TODAY. "I lost all faith
in him that day,”

Someone who continually disrespects the sacrifices of military families
has no business being commander in chief," Haley said about Trump, after
the ex-president mocked [Nikki] Haley's husband, who is overseas on a
military deployment.

Former Trump Chief of Staff John Kelly told CNN that Trump has “nothing
but contempt for our democratic institutions, our Constitution and our
rule of law.”