Davin News Server

From: Dhu on Gate <campbell@neotext.ca>
Newsgroups: can.politics,alt.politics
Subject: Caitlin Johnstone on Dick Cheney for Kamala
Date: Sat, 7 Sep 2024 23:14:54 -0000 (UTC)

https://caitlinjohnstone.com.au/2024/09/07/its-the-trump-party-vs-the-
cheney-party/

It’s The Trump Party Vs The Cheney Party

One of earth’s most evil living beings, Dick “Darth Vader” Cheney, has
officially endorsed Kamala Harris for president.
Caitlin Johnstone
September 7, 2024

One of earth’s most evil living beings, Dick “Darth Vader” Cheney, has
officially endorsed Kamala Harris for president. His daughter, Liz Cheney,
has also endorsed Harris.

“In our nation’s 248-year history, there has never been an individual who
is a greater threat to our republic than Donald Trump,” said the former
vice president in a statement, adding, “As citizens, we each have a duty
to put country above partisanship to defend our Constitution. That is why
I will be casting my vote for Vice President Kamala Harris.”

Cheney was a charter signatory to the notorious neoconservative think tank
Project for the New American Century, and as vice president played a
leading role in the George W Bush administration’s soaring warmongering,
militarism and authoritarianism, including most famously the invasion of
Iraq. He has the blood of millions of people on his hands, and he should
be living out the rest of his miserable life in a cage.

His daughter Liz is an equally bloodthirsty warmonger who has spent her
career pushing for mass military slaughter at every opportunity. After the
Israeli assault on Gaza began last year she went on CNN to declare that
all deaths which occur in the onslaught are “the responsibility of Hamas”,
that protests against Israel’s actions are “antisemitic” in nature, and
that the US should escalate against Iran and the Houthis because of their
oppositional posture toward Israel.

The Cheneys join a growing list of formerly Republican warmongers who are
migrating to the Democratic Party in droves to support Harris. Last month
hundreds of staffers who served under Republicans George W Bush, John
McCain and Mitt Romney signed a letter endorsing Harris, saying that “re-
electing President Trump would be a disaster for our nation.”

“Abroad, democratic movements will be irreparably jeopardized as Trump and
his acolyte JD Vance kowtow to dictators like Vladimir Putin while turning
their backs on our allies,” the group writes, adding, “We can’t let that
happen.”

It is here worth noting that contrary to the narratives circulated in both
mainstream Democrat-aligned media and mainstream Republican-aligned media,
Donald Trump actually spent his entire term ramping up aggressions against
Russia and helped pave the way to the war in Ukraine. He also promoted
many longstanding warmongering agendas against official enemies of the US
empire like Iran, Syria, and Venezuela. But even Trump’s insane
hawkishness is insufficient for these freaks.

In June of 2022, author Sarah Kendzior made the following predictions on
the Gaslit Nation podcast:

    “I’m gonna wrap this up with a warning, which is that there is a new
plan for our already broken two-party system. The plan is to have two
parties. One, a batshit crazy MAGA party led by Trump or DeSantis that
will bulldoze your rights. And the second one will be a far-right
“respectable” party led by Liz Cheney that will also bulldoze your rights.
They will call the Cheney party the Democrats and pretend that a creeping
capitulation to a right-wing agenda is some kind of act of healing
bipartisanship.”

    …

    “When I mentioned this possibility on Twitter, someone wrote to me,
‘Liz Cheney is not becoming a Democrat.’ And I replied, ‘I agree. The
Democrats are becoming Cheneys.’”

This is more or less what appears to have been happening, and it actually
started several years ago. During the 2016 Trump campaign a bunch of
neoconservative warmongers switched from defending George W Bush as a
saint and decrying Obama as an Ayatollah lover, and began pivoting to
endorse Hillary Clinton instead. After Trump won, this coalition between
Democrats and Bush-era neocons grew even stronger with the creation of new
Democratic think tank projects led by Iraq-raping neocons like Bill
Kristol.

So now we’re seeing two warmongering oligarchic parties shoving the
Overton window of acceptable opinion as far in the direction of
imperialism, militarism and tyranny as possible under the leadership of
some of the very worst people alive. By doing this they ensure that these
matters are never on the ballot, and that elections are always about
issues the powerful are completely indifferent toward like abortion and
trans rights instead.

Progressives who want healthcare and a ceasefire in Gaza are being
dismissed and ignored while alliances are being made with the world’s most
blood-soaked imperialists. Things have been shoved so far to the right
that this election is now a showdown between the Trump Party against the
Cheney Party, and no matter who wins, the empire wins.

A lot of fuss will probably be made about election-rigging after the
results are announced in November, with the loser declaring that the
results are the result of Russian interference or Deep State vote
tampering depending on who that loser happens to be. But remember this:
the worst election rigging is happening right out in the open, to ensure
that oligarchs and empire managers are happy with either outcome.

________________

My work is entirely reader-supported, so if you enjoyed this piece here
are some options where you can toss some money into my tip jar if you want
to. Go here to find video versions of my articles. If you’d prefer to
listen to audio of these articles, you can subscribe to them on Spotify,
Apple Podcasts, Soundcloud or YouTube. Go here to buy paperback editions
of my writings from month to month. All my work is free to bootleg and use
in any way, shape or form; republish it, translate it, use it on
merchandise; whatever you want. The best way to make sure you see the
stuff I publish is to subscribe to the mailing list on Substack, which
will get you an email notification for everything I publish. All works co-
authored with my husband Tim Foley.

--
Je suis Canadien. Ce n'est pas Francais ou Anglais.
 Duncan Patton a Campbell