Davin News Server

From: JTEM <jtem01@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: alt.global-warming,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,can.politics,alt.politics.liberalism,alt.politics.democrats,alt.politics.usa.republican
Subject: Re: Will....Not Maybe... WILL
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2024 22:59:37 -0400

On 9/9/24 9:12 PM, AlleyCat wrote:

> John Kerry, speaking in 2009: "In five years, scientists predict we WILL have the first ice-free Arctic
> summer."

I saw John Kerry speak in Harvard Square, right across from Harvard
Yard, on a book tour... April, 2007. He and his wife did a talk,
promoting his book on the environment.

NOTE:  The Forward was written by Al Gore.

Anyway, he very much surprised me because if there were any nuclear
energy fans in that room then they had to be lost & wandered in
looking for directions. Yet he flat out told the crowd that we need
nuclear energy.

He didn't sugar coat it one bit. He acknowledge the problems, the
fears and just flat out said, at that point, the nation was looking
to ADD power capacity and we couldn't very well start shutting down
perfectly good nuclear plants.

      ...and, yes, he spoke about costs, how too much money was
already invested in them.

THAT was courage. That was leadership. And THAT was amazing, because
this was the John Kerry we thought we knew but saw none of during the
2004 Presidential campaign.

Of course the status quo did love Bush. They had a license to
criticize him over Katrina but nothing else, so at least some of it
was the day's equivalent to Kamala lovefest, only for Bush.

--
https://jtem.tumblr.com/tagged/The%20Book%20of%20JTEM/page/5