Davin News Server

From: Alan <nuh-uh@nope.com>
Newsgroups: alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,can.politics,alt.politics.trump,alt.politics.liberalism,alt.politics.democrats,alt.politics.usa.republican
Subject: Re: WHY Won't Kambala Take Questions?
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2024 17:54:39 -0700

On 2024-09-13 16:32, AlleyCat wrote:

> On Fri, 13 Sep 2024 16:11:53 -0700,  Alan says...
>
>>> They fucked it up, all on their lonesies.
>
>> He left them holding an untenable situation that he set up.
>
> You don't fucking know that.

The generals of the US military do:

'The group went on to attack former President Trump for allegedly
setting up President Biden and Harris to fail in Afghanistan. They say
the Trump administration negotiated a deal "without involving the Afghan
government" and released 5,000 Taliban fighters back onto the battlefield.'

<https://www.foxnews.com/politics/retired-generals-defend-harris-blame-trump-afghanistan-withdrawal-report>

> If they hadn't fucked it up, we wouldn't be having this conversation. If it was done differently, it could have gone
> completely opposite of what happened, and Trump had NOTHING to do with the withdrawal.
>
> IF there were too few soldiers, shouldn't SOMEONE in the Biden administration stopped to think that?
>
> If they're so smart, they should have KNOWN there were too few, but there weren't... because they didn't think so,
> being all kinds of smart and all.
>
> If there were too few, and they knew it, why didn't they simply load up a few C-17s (another plane BOUGHT by Canada)
> and put another 5,000 boots on the ground?
>
> Because they weren't smart enough and they fucked up the withdrawal.
'"He left President Biden and Vice President Harris with no plans to
execute a withdrawal, and with little time to do so. This chaotic
approach severely hindered the Biden-Harris Administration’s ability to
execute the most orderly withdrawal possible and put our service members
and our allies at risk. Nevertheless, President Biden with the support
of Vice President Harris ended America’s longest war, oversaw the
largest airlift in U.S. history, and brought our troops home," the
generals wrote.'

And:

'General Frank McKenzie, the head of Central Command, told the House
Armed Services Committee on Wednesday that once the US troop presence
was pushed below 2,500 as part of Washington’s bid to complete a total
withdrawal by the end of August, the unravelling of the US-backed Afghan
government accelerated.

“The signing of the Doha agreement had a really pernicious effect on the
government of Afghanistan and on its military – psychological more than
anything else, but we set a date – certain for when we were going to
leave and when they could expect all assistance to end,” McKenzie said.

He was referring to a February 29, 2020, agreement that the Trump
administration signed with the Taliban in Doha, Qatar, in which the US
promised to fully withdraw its troops by May 2021 and the Taliban
committed to several conditions, including stopping attacks on US and
coalition forces.'

<https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2021/9/30/us-generals-say-afghanistan-collapse-rooted-in-trump-taliban-deal>

But you know more than the generals...

...right?