Davin News Server

From: citizen winston smith <sss@example.de>
Newsgroups: alt.global-warming,sci.environment,can.politics
Subject: Re: Monitoring "progress" to 2050 : CO2
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2024 14:31:22 -0600

On 9/16/2024 2:08 PM, R Kym Horsell wrote:
> citizen winston smith <sss@example.de> wrote:
>> On 9/16/2024 9:46 AM, N_Cook wrote:
>>> Jan 2022 output was 515.25
>>
>> CO2 PPM during our most fecund geologic epochs was over 3,000 PPM,
>> clownshow.
>
> Just no mammals, right?

Dead wrong!

https://www.britannica.com/science/Tertiary-Period/The-rise-of-mammals

The most spectacular event in Cenozoic terrestrial environments has been
the diversification and rise to dominance of the mammals. From only a
few groups of small mammals in the late Cretaceous that lived in the
undergrowth and hid from the dinosaurs, more than 20 orders of mammals
evolved rapidly and were established by the early Eocene. Although there
is some evidence that this adaptive radiation event began well before
the end of the Cretaceous, rates of speciation accelerated during the
Paleocene and Eocene epochs.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/10963587/

We estimate CO2 concentrations of more than 2,000 p.p.m. for the late
Palaeocene and earliest Eocene periods (from about 60 to 52 Myr ago),
and find an erratic decline between 55 and 40 Myr ago that may have been
caused by reduced CO2 outgassing from ocean ridges, volcanoes and
metamorphic belts and increased carbon burial.

You need to do some homework before you pop off again, peehole stretcher.