Davin News Server

From: citizen winston smith <sss@example.de>
Newsgroups: alt.politics.trump,alt.politics.liberalism,alt.politics.democrats,alt.politics.usa.republican,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,can.politics
Subject: Re: Cap Allon: Failed Screenwriter Updates
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2024 18:03:57 -0600

On 9/18/2024 5:38 PM, AlleyCat wrote:
> WE HAVE THE MOST UNAFFORDABLE HOUSING

https://www.fox10phoenix.com/news/explaining-phoenixs-urban-heat-island-phenomenon

Downtown, urban areas tend to have higher emissions due to having more
traffic and vehicles.

We're absorbing more heat during the day thanks to the ground surface,
and that temperature quickly climbs hotter than the surrounding parts of
the Valley.

But there are more factors at play here. Moisture helps to keep things a
bit cooler.

If you've got more concrete, you're going to have less moisture, and
we've got fewer trees in our downtown areas than in more rural parts of
the Valley. More trees equals more shade, and it also means slightly
cooler conditions out there.

In the evening, the concrete, asphalt and buildings downtown retain the
heat from the daytime and slowly release it as the sun goes down.

That means the temperature stays much hotter at night. That's why you'll
see lows in the 80s in some areas and 90s in others.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/how-phoenix-is-working-to-beat-urban-heat/

Nature’s Cooling Systems (NCS)—a partnership between The Nature
Conservancy, A.S.U. and the Maricopa County Department of Public
Health—is weighing a range of design changes to make neighborhoods safer
and more comfortable.

Shade trees are the most natural solution. In a desert city like
Phoenix, that might mean planting mostly drought-tolerant native trees
that cast light, lacy shadows—and interspersing them with leafier,
thirsty trees where people can congregate, says Guardaro, who is part of
the NCS team. Phoenix is ramping up efforts to meet a 20-year goal set
in 2010 of achieving 25 percent tree canopy coverage, which will reduce
temperatures nearly 8 degrees compared with bare areas.

NCS is also considering architectural measures such as shadow-casting
art pieces that, without the need for water, could beautify barren
neighborhoods, as well as orienting new buildings so they bathe
sidewalks and courtyards in blocks of shade. Architects are additionally
contemplating a return to traditional materials such as adobe as well as
courtyards featuring evaporative cooling towers and trees—which together
could cool buildings by up to 30 degrees—says Maggie Messerschmidt,
urban conservation program manager at The Conservancy’s Arizona chapter.
Solar panels could also be positioned over parking lots, where they
would shield sizzling blacktop and prevent cars from turning into mobile
furnaces, Guardaro says.

 > Weather reports for people on the news are not the same as
temperature > recordings for research, Pussey.

You are a MORON!