Davin News Server

Newsgroups: alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,can.politics,alt.politics.trump,alt.politics.liberalism,alt.politics.democrats,alt.politics.usa.republican
Subject: Re: Christians and Evangelicals For Trump
From: Mitchell Holman <noemail@aol.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2024 13:27:58 +0000

pothead <pothead@snakebite.com> wrote in
news:vcuc81$36oa5$4@dont-email.me:

> On 2024-09-23, AlleyCat <katt@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> More Americans Say Trump Administration Has Helped Evangelicals Than
>> Other Groups
>> https://www.pewresearch.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/FT_20.05.07_tru
>> mpHelpHurt_featured.jpg
>>
>> Trump Gets Religion, Evangelicals Say, And Now Wants To Broaden His
>> Reach
>> https://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-apps/imrs.php?src=https://arc-angler
>> fish-washpost-prod-
>> washpost.s3.amazonaws.com/public/4PEZDTGITQI6PAZBJAP5MPYXJU.jpg&w=916
>>
>> https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/976/cpsprodpb/79AE/production/_95905113_
>> gettyimages-609502880.jpg
>>
>> https://media.cnn.com/api/v1/images/stellar/prod/171228121128-01-donal
>> d-trump-prayer-file-restricted.jpg?q=x_3,y_123,h_
>> 1684,w_2993,c_crop/w_800
>>
>> https://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/514922ee78c25e2bb90a92cf29ab3e31e5542
>> 750/c=0-153-3000-
>> 1848/local/-/media/2017/09/05/USATODAY/USATODAY/636402117477958658-GTY
>> -841608592.jpg?width=3200&height=1680&fit=crop
>>
>> https://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-apps/imrs.php?src=https://arc-angler
>> fish-washpost-prod-
>> washpost.s3.amazonaws.com/public/IO2XDEUPIQI6PEOVVNHEXN3KHI.jpg&w=1440
>>

> IMHO the last POTUS who was sincere about religion was Jimmy Carter.
> In terms of being a true evengelical, if there is such a thing, I find
> it kind of laughable. Now policy is another issue altogether.
> So the focus should be on the candidate supporting issues Evangelicals
> deem important and refrain from pretending to be a Bible toting
> Christian. Although after 2 failed attempts at being killed I suspect
> Trump might actually be reading his Bible once in a while. <lol>.

  Trump can barely read a menu much less a Bible.

The President Who Doesn't Read
JAN 5, 2018

Ironically, it was the publication of a book
this week that crystallized the reality of
just how little Donald Trump reads. While,
like many of the tendencies described in
Michael Wolff's Fire and Fury, Trump's
indifference to the printed word has been
apparent for some time, the depth and
implications of Trump's strong preference for
oral communication over the written word demand
closer examination.

"He didn't process information in any conventional
sense," Wolff writes. "He didn't read. He didn't
really even skim. Some believed that for all
practical purposes he was no more than semi-
ðliterate."

Wolff quotes economic adviser Gary Cohn writing
in an email: "It's worse than you can imagine .
Trump won't read anything - not one-page memos,
not the brief policy papers, nothing. He gets
up halfway through meetings with world leaders
because he is bored."

Before the inauguration, Trump told Axios, "I
like bullets or I like as little as possible.
I don't need, you know, 200-page reports on
something that can be handled on a page. That
I can tell you." In February, The New York
Times reported that National Security Council
members had been instructed to keep policy
papers to a single page and include lots of
graphics and maps. Mother Jones reviewed
classified information indicating Trump's
briefings were a quarter as long as Barack
Obama's.
https://tinyurl.com/y5gec8ao