Davin News Server

From: Alan <nuh-uh@nope.com>
Newsgroups: alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,can.politics,alt.politics.trump,alt.politics.liberalism,alt.politics.democrats,alt.politics.usa.republican
Subject: Re: Kamala Finally Fact-Checked
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2024 11:10:57 -0700

On 2024-09-24 10:42, AlleyCat wrote:

> Kamala Finally Fact-Checked
>
> Harris Made False Claims During The Debate
>

> factcheck.org:
>
> Harris repeated the claim that former President Donald Trump "intends to cut Social Security and Medicare," even though
> he did not attempt to cut either retirement program when he was president, and he has said that he will not cut them in
> a second term.

'Trump vowed to not cut Social Security and Medicare — hours before
proposing just that

The president is either brazenly lying about his 2021 budget or doesn’t
know what’s in it.

President Donald Trump posted a tweet on Saturday vowing, “We will not
be touching your Social Security and Medicare in Fiscal 2021 Budget.”
One day later, the Wall Street Journal published a report indicating
that Trump is doing exactly that with his budget proposal.'

<https://www.vox.com/2020/2/10/21131316/trump-2021-budget-entitlement-cuts>

> She referred to Project 2025 - a conservative plan for deeply cutting and overhauling the federal government - as
> Trump's "extreme Project 2025 agenda." Trump has disavowed the project, which he described as 'seriously extreme."

He also claimed he knew "nothing" about it, and then immediately after
that, said he disagreed with something he just said he didn't know a
thing about.

> The vice president repeated one of her favorite talking points when she claimed "Donald Trump openly vowed, if
> reelected, that he will be a dictator on Day 1." He said he was joking when he said he wouldn't be a dictator "except
> for Day 1."

And you fallback on Trump claiming he was joking.

He said it.

> Harris left the misleading impression that Trump was to blame for the loss of 'tens of thousands" of manufacturing
> jobs. The U.S. added more than 400,000 manufacturing jobs under Trump - until the economic effects of the global COVID-
> 19 pandemic reversed all those job gains.
>

> "Trump's planning to cut Social Security and Medicare."
> "I will not cut 1 cent from Social Security or Medicare."

'President Donald Trump posted a tweet on Saturday vowing, “We will not
be touching your Social Security and Medicare in Fiscal 2021 Budget.”
One day later, the Wall Street Journal published a report indicating
that Trump is doing exactly that with his budget proposal.'

> "Inflation is down under 3%."
> VERDICT: False
>
> Inflation, which is the increase in the price of something over time, is down from a peak of 9.1% under the Biden
> administration and it is higher than when Mr Trump left office.

The US inflation rate at the time of the debate WAS under 3%.

> Kamala Harris said during Tuesday night's debate that former President Donald Trump's policies would result in a "Trump
> sales tax" that would raise prices for middle class families by about $4,000 a year. Lie - Trump wants to implement
> tariffs, not taxes.
How does that actually differ to the consumer?