Davin News Server

From: JTEM <jtem01@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: alt.global-warming,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,can.politics,alt.politics.liberalism,alt.politics.democrats,alt.politics.usa.republican
Subject: Re: Another High Latitude Initiated Atlantic Hurricane
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2024 07:28:46 -0400

  Alan wrote:

> Because a desert isn't defined by TEMPERATURE, doofus.

Speaking of which:

We do not exist in a vacuum. We have a climate history. The
Sahara wasn't always this big desert. It used to be a lot
greener. And then the earth warmed up and the desert formed.
And presently that desert is reversing itself. Looking at
the climate history of the planet earth, smaller means a
colder planet and larger means a warmer planet. And it's
getting smaller, according to NASA.

It's not the only such indicator.

The animals melting out of the Siberian "Permafrost," for
example. It wasn't frost, not during to "Ice age." If it
were no animals would have been in it! No, it froze over
only LATER, only AFTER those "ice age" animals were buried.
So conditions are the way they were during the "Ice age."

Permafrost = warmer. No permafrost = colder.

This is due to how the earth circulates the energy from
the sun. Most of it falls along the equator and then from
there it's circulated around the globe. Antarctica is as
cold as it is because it's walled off by the circumpolar
current, keeping the warm air from the equator from ever
reaching it. The continent is actually much colder than
can be accounted for by it's position as the south pole.

The permafrost issue is similar. It's about HOW the planet
circulates the energy from the sun. In fact, this is exactly
why we are inside the Quaternary Period, our present ice age.
The formation of the Isthmus of Panama changed the way the
planet circulates energy, causing some areas to cool down
considerably.

Still, it took hundreds of thousands of years for the deep
ocean temperatures to plunge as low as they are now...

And yet, idiots think it all comes down to CO2.

--
https://jtem.tumblr.com/tagged/The%20Book%20of%20JTEM/page/5