Davin News Server

From: Alan <nuh-uh@nope.com>
Newsgroups: alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,can.politics,alt.politics.trump,alt.politics.liberalism,alt.politics.democrats,alt.politics.usa.republican
Subject: Re: Trump visits hurricane impacted Georgia and sets up GoFundme.
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2024 11:57:32 -0700

On 2024-10-01 05:55, pothead wrote:
> On 2024-10-01, NoBody <NoBody@nowhere.com> wrote:
>> Former President Trump raised more than $1 million dollars on Monday
>> to benefit victims in the wake of the devastation left by Hurricane
>> Helene.
>>
>> A GoFundMe page was launched by the Trump campaign following the
>> former president's visit to battered Georgia where he toured hard-hit
>> areas left in Helene's wake.
>>
>> "With so many across the Southeastern U.S. facing challenges after the
>> storm, President Trump is on the ground in communities to see the
>> aftermath firsthand," the page states. "All donations will be directed
>> to help those most affected by Hurricane Helene. Any level of
>> generosity will go a long way for your fellow Americans who are
>> suffering."
>>
>> Donors included former U.S. Sen. Kelly Loeffler, R-Ga., who gave
>> $500,000. Bass Pro Shop, known for its chain of wilderness-themed
>> stores and wide array of hunting, fishing & outdoor gear, gave
>> $100,000.
>>
>> A donor by the name of Dana White, presumably the CEO of the Ultimate
>> Fighting Championship who is a close friend of Trump's and spoke at
>> this year's Republican National Convention, also gave $100,000.
>>
>> Hedge fund billionaire William Ackman also pledged $100,000. Other
>> donors included Kid Rock, U.S. Sen. Senator John Barrasso, R-Wy., and
>> personal injury attorney Dan Newlin.
>>
>> Trump paid a visit to Valdosta, Georgia on Monday where he criticized
>> the federal response to the disaster.
>>
>> "Our hearts are with you and we are going to be with you as long as
>> you need it," he said, flanked by a group of elected officials and
>> Republican supporters.
>>
>> https://www.foxnews.com/us/trump-launches-gofundme-help-hurricane-helene-victims-raises-more-1m
>
> This is what a leader does.
> Biden and Harris are too busy trying scam another election to give a hoot about
> these people who are truly suffering.
> They are both POS.

Both are doing what they're supposed to do:

'President Biden approves emergency declaration for Alabama ahead of
Hurricane Helene

By Sarah Broadway Sep 26, 2024

FEMA announced on Thursday that federal disaster assistance is available
to the state of Alabama to supplement response efforts due to emergency
conditions from Hurricane Helene.'

<https://www.wtva.com/news/president-biden-approves-emergency-declaration-for-alabama-ahead-of-hurricane-helene/article_0f42e483-fae6-50fb-8d77-ac4db0c79af2.html>

For your reference, Hurricane Helene didn't make landfall in Florida
until September 27. And on September 23:

'Today, President Joseph R. Biden, Jr. declared that an emergency exists
in the State of Florida and ordered Federal assistance to supplement
State, tribal, and local response efforts due to the emergency
conditions resulting from Tropical Storm Helene beginning on September
23, 2024, and continuing.'

Do I need to go on?

<https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/presidential-actions/2024/09/24/president-joseph-r-biden-jr-approves-florida-emergency-declaration-8/>