Davin News Server

From: Gronk <invalide@invalid.invalid>
Newsgroups: alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,can.politics,alt.politics.trump,alt.politics.liberalism,alt.politics.democrats,alt.politics.usa.republican
Subject: Re: Media "fact checking" out of control
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2024 22:41:30 -0600

NoBody wrote:

https://www.mediaite.com/news/brutal-new-texts-reveal-tucker-carlson-and-producer-horrified-by-deadly-trump-anger-spiral-on-jan-6/

Carlson – No our job is not to provide news coverage. Not even
close. Our job is to explain what things mean

That is from Exhibit 276  page 49 viewable here (scroll way down, it's
an image pdf)

https://www.scribd.com/document/630480821/2023-03-07-REDACTED-PUBLIC-EX-261-303#

https://www.cnn.com/2023/08/26/business/fox-news-gold-star-family-apology/index.html

Fox News apologized Saturday to a Gold Star family for
publishing a false story last month claiming that the
family had to pay $60,000 to ship the remains of their
fallen relative back from Afghanistan because the
Pentagon refused to pay.

“The now unpublished story has been addressed internally
and we sincerely apologize to the Gee family,” a Fox News
spokesperson said in a statement...

The apology came after a Military.com report this week
drew attention to the issue and indicated that the
right-wing outlet’s top executives had repeatedly been
notified by senior members of the Marine Corps that it
was pushing a false story.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/07/12/media/former-fox-executives-rupert-murdoch-reliable-sources/index.html

In a joint statement published Wednesday, the executives --
Preston Padden, Ken Solomon, and Bill Reyner -- expressed
profound regret for their roles helping Murdoch build Fox
in its early days. Padden was Fox's chief Washington
lobbyist; Solomon was the vice president of network
distribution; and Reyner was the lead outside counsel.

"We never envisioned, and would not knowingly have enabled,
the disinformation machine that, in our opinion, Fox has
become," they added.