Davin News Server

From: AlleyCat <katt@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,can.politics,alt.politics.trump,alt.politics.liberalism,alt.politics.democrats,alt.politics.usa.republican
Subject: Re: CBS breaks their own rules and "fact checks" Vance and gets it wrong
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2024 08:31:26 -0500

On Wed, 2 Oct 2024 10:30:26 -0700,  Alan says...

> > JD VANCE REMINDS CBS MODERATORS OF DEBATE RULES AFTER THEY TRY TO
> > FACT-CHECK HIM
> >
> > As the moderators attempted to move on, Vance pushed back.
> >
> > "The rules were that you guys weren't going to fact-check," Vance
> > reminded them. "And since you are fact-checking me, I think it's
> > important to say what's actually going on."
>
> Where was that rule spelled out. Not here:
>
> <https://www.cbsnews.com/news/cbs-debate-rules-vp-debate-2024/>

So... that's EVERY "rule"?

Nope.

Those are mostly "rules" for the participants NOT the moderators. And even if they were... that's not the topic...

"CBS Breaks Their Own Rules And "Fact Checks" Vance AND GETS IT WRONG"

The article isn't about CBS breaking their own rules, which they did... it's about get their fact check WRONG.

Will you PLEASE stop being a pedantic child and focus on the REAL topic... the part of the topic that matters?

CBS DID say they wouldn't fact-check, but THAT is not the gist of the article... they GOT the fact-check WRONG.

Soooo... will you be calling AP, TNYT,MSN, NPR, et al., liars?

=====

CBS News Says IT WILL BE UP TO VANCE AND WALZ TO FACT-CHECK EACH OTHER In Veep Debate

(meaning CBS will not be fact-checking)

https://apnews.com/article/cbs-debate-vice-president-fact-check-7a3b31c98ab092dd44915 - Df57a359d10

4 days ago - NEW YORK (AP) - CBS News, hosting vice presidential candidates JD Vance and Tim Walz for the general
election campaign's third debate next week, says it will be up to the politicians - not the moderators - to check the
facts of their opponents.. The 90-minute debate, scheduled for 9 p.m. Eastern on Tuesday in a Manhattan studio that
once hosted the children's program "Captain ...

Fact-check fight: CBS News cuts candidates' mics after JD Vance objects ...

Fact-checking was an issue during last month's debate between presidential contenders Donald Trump and Kamala Harris
after moderators corrected Trump at least four times, angering the former president and his supporters. When Trump
debated President Joe Biden last spring, CNN moderators did not attempt any on-air corrections. In an echo of what
followed the ABC debate, Trump posted on his ...

=====

Here's How The CBS Moderators Will (Or Won't) Fact-Check The V.P ...

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2024/10/01/us/walz-vance-vp-debate/cbs-vp-debate-fact-checking

=====

CBS Says IT WILL NOT FACT-CHECK During VP Debate - MSN

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/cbs-says-it-will-not-fact-check-during-vp-debate/ar-AA1rteKh

=====

CBS Sought The Middle Ground On Fact-Checking. Vance Jumped Into The ...

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/10/01/us/politics/cbs-debate-fact-checking-vance.html

=====

The Founder Of Politifact Weighs In On CBS' Decision NOT TO FACT CHECK ...

https://www.npr.org/2024/10/02/nx-s1-5133743/the-founder-of-politifact-weighs-in-on-cbs-decision-not-to-fact-check-the-
debate

=====

CBS News Says It Will Be Up To Vance And Walz To Fact-Check Each Other ...

https://www.usnews.com/news/business/articles/2024-09-27/cbs-news-says-it-will-be-up-to-harris-and-walz-to-fact-check-
each-other-in-veep-debate

5 days ago - When JD Vance and Tim Walz take the stage for next week's vice presidential debate, CBS News says it will
be up to the candidates, not the moderators, to fact-check each other. This combination of ...