Davin News Server

From: JTEM <jtem01@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: alt.global-warming,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,can.politics,alt.politics.liberalism,alt.politics.democrats,alt.politics.usa.republican
Subject: Re: HUGE Percentage Of EV Owners Want To Go Back To Normal Cars,
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2024 07:13:09 -0400

  AlleyCat wrote:

> Huge Percentage Of EV Owners Want To Go Back To Normal Cars, Study Finds
>
> https://dailycaller.com/2024/06/20/electric-vehicle-owners-40-percent-gas-cars-mckinsey

I've been saying it for years:  "Electric" is stupid for motor vehicles.

Fossil fuels make an excellent fuel for our highway traffic. The
distribution systems are already in place, no need to build anything.
They're easy to transport, pack a great deal of energy into a
comparatively small space, are proven safe to handle and our economy
is just plain used to them. So why change?

There's a lot of things that could go electric without disruption,
saving what oil & natural gas for use as a motor fuel:  Tractors,
landscaping equipment and anything not unduly burdened by limited
range and lengthy charging times.

City buses might be an exception, where a reduction in particulate
pollution would be at least as desirable as a fuel savings. But,
battery powered public transport has not proven to be the safest &
most cost effective so far. So even buses with their limited routes
and easily predicted energy needs are probably better off switching
to natural gas, rather than battery power.

Oo!  I know:  If it's a "Crisis," if we honestly NEED TO pass
legislation and impose hyper regressive taxes in address this "Crisis,"
let's ban private aviation. This includes corporate jets and even
charters taking off with fewer than, say, 80 passengers.

And why can you walk into a store and buy heaters (or even air
conditioners) for your back yard?  Why is it legal to heat and cool
the outside?

"This is a crisis. Just not THAT big of a crisis where we'd need
to take status symbols away from the rich, and end patio heaters"

Taking meat away from people is okay, if they're not rich so the
don't deserve it anyway, but we can't end private jets...

--
https://jtem.tumblr.com/tagged/The%20Book%20of%20JTEM/page/5