Davin News Server

From: Alan <nuh-uh@nope.com>
Newsgroups: alt.global-warming,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,can.politics,alt.politics.liberalism,alt.politics.democrats,alt.politics.usa.republican
Subject: Re: "Green" Solar Panels
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2024 13:52:54 -0700

On 2024-09-29 21:19, AlleyCat wrote:

> Nebraska, USA: Within minutes, a single hailstorm reduced 14,000 solar panels, worth millions of dollars, into a pile
> of toxic debris-leaching materials like cadmium and lead into the soil.
>
> A hailstorm disaster in Nebraska USA reacted immediately and turned a multi million dollar investment... a solar park
> into a pile of toxic debris within minutes. Hale destroyed 14,000 solar panels with a total capacity of 5.2 megawatts.
> The complex was planned by the investors to produce green energy for 25 years, but in reality, it only made it to four
> years.
>
> https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1840391300463333376/pu/vid/avc1/482x720/EoHKIeDgaDmZM3-S.mp4?tag=12
'The company said the damaged panels “contain no cadmium telluride and
we have identified no risk to the local community or the environment.” A
spokesperson said this week that he had no update from that statement.

The mention of cadmium telluride is a nod to the ludicrous coverage of
this incident by outlets such as Fox News. As I’ve written before,
opponents of solar power like to raise red flags about the alleged
danger to human and animal health from solar panels that contain
cadmium. But cadmium is only in a tiny share of panels on the market,
and the solar industry uses a form of cadmium that is safer than the
form that fuels the scare stories.'

'‍Myth #1: When solar panels break, they become hazardous to human and
environmental health.

Reality: The International Energy Administration (IEA) studied whether
solar panels posed a significant threat to human and environmental
health, and if broken panels would impact local groundwater. They
conclusively found that even if the panels were smashed and processed in
a basic landfill, there would be no significant hazard to local
communities.

‍Myth 3: Solar panels cannot be recycled and end up in local landfills.

Reality: Companies like SOLARCYCLE are recycling panels today and
returning those valuable materials right back to the domestic supply
chain for clean energy. '