Davin News Server

From: Dhu on Gate <campbell@neotext.ca>
Newsgroups: alt.global-warming,can.politics,alt.politics
Subject: Re: "Green" Solar Panels
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2024 22:53:52 -0000 (UTC)

On Fri, 4 Oct 2024 22:12:30 -0000 (UTC), R Kym Horsell wrote:

> In alt.global-warming Alan <nuh-uh@nope.com> wrote:
>>>

>>> Long gone are the days of servicing your own vehicle.
>>> Apart from oiling some bearings you can't and sometimes are
>>> prohibited by law from fixing your own car.
>>> I was helping a neighbor recently and it turned out you
>>> needed to break an old mil grade encryption to even ask it here it hurt.
>>>

>> What kind of car was that?
>
> I pre-answered that. :)
>
>> All cars built for sale in North America have had a standard OBD-II port
>> that can be read by various scanners costing anywhere from $20...
>> ...to a lot more depending on complexity.
>
> There's a theorem of computer science that roughly says

That's a "side effect" of completeness vs. consistency.

IF you make a system "complete", that is covering all possible
exigencies, you cannot *prove* (or guaranty) it to be internally
consistent.  So we have to live with systems that don't do everything
but what they do they do "correctly".  More that one "System" is
required and even then there's no guarantees of covering off all cases.

Interestingly, a "minimalist" corollary of this is that Man does not
live by bread alone, but by Every Word of G*s ;-)

For more on this, read up about B. Russel and George Cantor.

Dhu

--
Je suis Canadien. Ce n'est pas Francais ou Anglais.
 Duncan Patton a Campbell