Davin News Server

From: Alan <nuh-uh@nope.com>
Newsgroups: alt.global-warming,can.politics,alt.politics
Subject: Re: "Green" Solar Panels
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2024 17:32:48 -0700

On 2024-10-04 17:21, R Kym Horsell wrote:
> In alt.global-warming R Kym Horsell <kymhorsell@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I'm quite aware of that, thanks.
>>> No. It is NOT a "mini internet".
>>> Well since thieves ARE breaking into cars using the CANbus network, your
>>> thesis that it must be encrypted has already failed, hasn't it?
>>
>> Circular logic. Why dont you imaging this involves "breaking encryption"? :)
>>

> Tell you what. Before you say something is "impossible"
> why dont you check with google to see if everyone knows it's possible?

I never said that anything was impossible.

> An In-Vehicle Network Security Protocol Based on Dynamic #
> In view of the multi-functional mixedcriticality characteristics of
> automotive electronic system, a security protocol for vehicle CAN
> network based on dynamic encryption is #

Why did you break off right at that last "is", R Kym?

Hmmmm?

It couldn't be because the next word was "proposed", could it?

And what is the clear implication of the use of the word "proposed"?

Hmmm?

CANbus (Controller Area Network) as used in cars currently...

...IS NOT ENCRYPTED.