Davin News Server

From: R Kym Horsell <kymhorsell@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: alt.global-warming,can.politics,alt.politics
Subject: Re: "Green" Solar Panels
Date: Sat, 5 Oct 2024 00:54:11 -0000 (UTC)

In alt.global-warming Alan <nuh-uh@nope.com> wrote:
> On 2024-10-04 17:32, R Kym Horsell wrote:
>>> Because I did my research and I know it doesn't.
>>
>> LOL. Google CAN+encryption says your research is lacking.
> I know it exists.
>
> It is NOT applied to automobile CANbus systems.

Again, you are making a claim that something is not possile.
Such claims are bound to be wrong.

On the climate change side of things you seem to be on the white hat
side. It's the nay-sayers that are claiming some part of
climate science is "impossible". And almost always they are wrong.

In this case you may be getting confused between what the CAN protocol
defines and what it can be used for. Perhaps aided by an old textbook
or two. :)

The Ethernet protocol does not definie an encryptin standard.
Old textbooks dont even mention ecryption. E.g. telnet and ftp
were old utilities that sent everything "clear".

But that doesn't mean encrypted packets are not sent over the Internet
and that is standard now.

You need to google something like "is there some vehcile manufacturer that
uses encrypted CAN as a standard feature". You  will find they exist
and one of them was mentioned in the footnote at the bottom of the OP.

--
Automotive CAN Bus: Exploring CAN Vehicle Communication
The CAN protocol does not include encryption or authentication mechanisms,