Davin News Server

From: Hiram Panguitch <lds@example.ut>
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking,can.politics,can.general,or.politics,seattle.politics,tx.politics
Subject: Re: Recipe - whats on the plate this weekend? Crab Fettuccine Alfredo
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2024 10:23:55 -0600

On 10/6/2024 2:25 PM, Baxter wrote:
>   Isn't shooting up a public school,
> killing teachers and kids enough for you?

https://www.cnn.com/2023/05/01/us/cleveland-texas-neighbor-shooting-monday/index.html

Cleveland, Texas
CNN
  —
The man wanted by law enforcement for the killings of five Texas
neighbors – including a 9-year-old boy – had entered the US illegally
and been deported by immigration officials at least four times, a US
Immigration and Customs Enforcement source said.

The suspect, identified by ICE as Francisco Oropesa Perez-Torres, was
first removed by an immigration judge in March 2009, the ICE source told
CNN on Monday.

“At an unknown time and location, Perez-Torres unlawfully reentered the
United States, and was apprehended and removed several more times by ICE
Enforcement and Removal Operations in September 2009, January 2012, and
July 2016,” the source said.

Oropesa’s current immigration status is unclear, and it is not known how
long he had been in the US since he was last deported.

Bringing us waves of fentanyl, rapes on the border, assaults  and
murders of US citizens, and unspeakable EVIL like La Tren de Agua!

https://greatgameindia.com/venezuelan-migrant-gangs-target-texas-oil-fields/

Things are getting worse as dangerous consequences of the Biden-Harris
administration’s open border policies are becoming more apparent.
Recently, members of a violent Venezuelan prison gang known as Tren de
Aragua were spotted terrorizing neighborhoods in northern Denver suburbs
like Aurora, as well as other so-called "sanctuary cities" where the
local governments refuse to fully enforce immigration laws. Earlier, we
reported how a Venezuelan spy was behind illegal migrants invading US homes.

https://gov.texas.gov/news/post/texas-ramps-up-efforts-to-target-dangerous-tren-de-aragua

Texas has decreased illegal crossings into the state by 87% due to our
historic border security mission. Fewer illegal crossings into Texas
means fewer migrants to transport to sanctuary cities. Since the start
of Texas’ transportation program, the state has transported:

Over 12,500 migrants to Washington, D.C. since April 2022
Over 45,900 migrants to New York City since August 2022
Over 36,900 migrants to Chicago since August 2022
Over 3,400 migrants to Philadelphia since November 2022
Over 19,200 migrants to Denver since May 2023
Over 1,500 migrants to Los Angeles since June 2023

Operation Lone Star continues to fill the dangerous gaps created by the
federal government’s refusal to secure the border. Every individual who
is apprehended or arrested and every ounce of drugs seized would have
otherwise made their way into communities across Texas and the nation
due to open border policies.

RECENT HIGHLIGHTS FROM OPERATION LONE STAR:

Governor Abbott Announces $5,000 Reward For Information On Tren De
Aragua Gang Members

On Monday, Governor Abbott announced a $5,000 reward for information
leading to the identification and arrest of known or suspected members
who are involved in criminal activity and pose an increasing danger to
the public safety of Texans.

“Tren de Aragua has spread terror and carnage in every country they’ve
been in, and Texas will not allow them to gain a foothold in our state,”
said Governor Abbott. “Texas will not let these thugs use our state as a
base of operations to terrorize our citizens. I encourage anyone with
information on Tren de Aragua to call the Texas Crime Stoppers hotline
or submit an anonymous tip online. With the public’s help, combined with
the hard work of federal, state, and local law enforcement, we will
capture these dangerous gang members and put them behind bars for good.”

To be eligible for the cash rewards, tipsters must provide information
to authorities using one of the following methods:
•    Call the Texas Crime Stoppers hotline at 1-800-252-TIPS (8477)
•    Submit a tip online through the Texas Department of Public Safety

Read the Governor’s full press release for more information.

Governor Abbott: Texas Triples Razor Wire In Eagle Pass

On Wednesday, Governor Abbott shared a photo on X, formerly known as
Twitter, showcasing Texas National Guard soldiers reinforcing razor wire
barriers in Eagle Pass.

Texas will continue to deploy every tool and strategy to respond to this
border crisis.

Governor Abbott: Additional Border Wall Panels Installed In Maverick County

Yesterday, Governor Abbott highlighted footage on X of Texas’ ongoing
border wall construction in Maverick County.

Texas is the first state in U.S. history to build our own border wall.

WATCH: DPS Finds Five Illegal Immigrants Hiding Inside Lumber During
Traffic Stop

A DPS trooper stopped a Chevy 3500 hauling lumber on I-35 in La Salle
County earlier this week. During the traffic stop, the driver, William
Meza from Laredo, consented to a search of the vehicle.

DPS troopers discovered five illegal immigrants from Honduras and Mexico
hiding within the lumber. Meza was arrested and charged with five counts
of smuggling of persons with the likelihood of serious bodily injury or
death. The five illegal immigrants were referred to Border Patrol.

 > And, again, Biden asked for more money for border enforcement agents,
 > tRump and his Repugs/Cultists REFUSED to give more money for border
 > enforcment.

Nope, the bill had toxic riders and actually increased pandering to
illegals.

https://www.americanimmigrationcouncil.org/research/analysis-senate-border-bill

What We Really Need at the Border
The changes proposed to border and asylum policy in this bill can be
over-simplified into two principles:

Making it harder for people to be allowed to start the asylum process
upon entering the U.S.; and
Making that process itself faster.
Notably, this bill would not stop anyone from being allowed to set foot
on U.S. soil. It would not, therefore, do anything to bring down “the
numbers” on its own. The bill’s proponents hope instead that it will
reduce the number of people who are allowed to stay in the U.S. outside
of immigration custody, and therefore, through word of mouth, reduce the
number of people trying to come to begin with.

What we have seen, time and time again, is that adding additional
penalties or complications to the process for asylum seekers once they
arrive in the U.S. immiserates those asylum seekers without having a
lasting impact on overall border arrivals. This is especially true when
the process is made longer and less certain, contributing to bottlenecks
throughout the system including dangerous border overcrowding.

What is instead needed is a way to resolve these cases quickly and
certainly—taking months, not years—without railroading claimants. This
bill takes steps in that direction, but overwhelms them with the
imposition of an opaque emergency authority, which would undermine any
deterrent effect by providing inconsistent outcomes to people attempting
to enter the U.S. without warning or rationale.

Efficiency also can’t go so far as to fully sacrifice any meaningful,
independent review of decisions. Making a process quicker does not
require cutting corners on due process.

The U.S. can’t solve a global displacement crisis just by deporting
people to other parts of the world. Cooperation with other countries on
migration management to support people in their home countries and in
countries they settle in is not a nice-to-have or a long-term goal, it
is an essential part of any plan—especially one that expects Mexico and
other countries to shoulder the responsibility for taking deportees from
other countries.