Davin News Server

From: Alan <nuh-uh@nope.com>
Newsgroups: alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,can.politics,alt.politics.trump,alt.politics.liberalism,alt.politics.democrats,alt.politics.usa.republican
Subject: Re: Help the flood victims, Republicans
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2024 16:33:55 -0700

On 2024-10-07 14:26, pothead wrote:
>>> Trump couldn't reroute Helene, though he could pay a visit to interfere with
>>> disaster responders and have his people build a "wall" out of bricks from a
>>> destroyed building. And have his campaign manager create a GoFundMe
>>> unattached to any charity (where will the money go?) and a list of top
>>> donors that DOES NOT include Trump himself. And social media Trump dupes are
>>> praising that likely grift to high heaven.
>>>
>>> And now Milton is coming for Florida. Why can't it take out Mar-a-Lardo?
>>
>> I wonder if anyone here can actually cite a case of Trump donating any
>> money to anyone.
>
> Depends upon the year.
> Like most people.
>
> "Donald Trump’s Charitable Donations Varied Widely by Year
> Former president’s tax returns report no contributions to charity in 2020 and
> nearly $1.9 million in 2017"
>
> <https://www.wsj.com/articles/donald-trumps-charitable-donations-varied-widely-
> by-year-11672430692>

You're the one who said the media is bought and paid for...

...and did you actually READ the article:

'Unlike many politicians who release their tax returns, the Trumps
didn’t list the recipients of their cash donations, and listing
recipients isn’t required.  '

So we don't actually know whether he was actually giving to charity, do we?

'Some of the donations were very small, well under $100. In 2015, the
Trumps reported a $3 donation by the Mar-a-Lago Club, and in 2016 they
reported an $8 donation by TNGC Pine Hill.

In its summary review of the Trumps’ returns, the staff of Congress’
nonpartisan Joint Committee on Taxation suggested the Internal Revenue
Service check the Trumps’ donations to see if they had proper
substantiation. The rules are very strict, and many donors don’t fulfill
them.

The joint committee’s report, released earlier this week, said questions
about a $21.1 million tax deduction involving Mr. Trump’s Seven Springs
estate in Westchester County, N.Y., still weren’t resolved, and that the
IRS had debated whether to pursue a penalty against Mr. Trump for
overstating the value of that tax benefit, which was considered a
charitable donation.'