Davin News Server

From: JTEM <jtem01@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: alt.politics.liberalism,alt.politics.democrats,alt.politics.usa.republican,alt.global-warming,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,can.politics
Subject: Re: Are YOU Smarter Than A Professor Emeritus of Physics At Princeton
Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2024 13:16:03 -0400

  Paul Aubrin wrote:

> Climate is highly dependent on all the scientific specialties of physics
> and chemistry.

I would argue - because that's what I do - that climate is deceptively
simple. That, it all comes down to the sun.

Huge volcano erupted, like Toba, massive amounts of debris thrown
into the sky, ridiculous amounts of sulfur, the sun is blocked
and the northern hemisphere dropped about 20F, taking over a
thousand years to recover.

The sunlight got blocked.

Our present ice age, the Quaternary Period, got kicked off by the
formation of the Isthmus of Panama changing the ocean currents --
changing the way the energy from the sun gets distributed.

Antarctica, the South Pole froze over completely when the earth
was at least, what? 4C warmer and TWICE the CO2? All because of
the formation of the Circumpolar Current, walling off Antarctica
from warmer waters reaching it... waters warmed by the sun.

A warmer earth would be better for humanity. But we're due for
another glacial period, what is mistakenly called "An ice age."
It's going to happen, probably just as soon as the next super
volcano erupts, blocking the sky the way Toba did. There's plenty
active right at this moment, including Yellowstone.

--
https://jtem.tumblr.com/tagged/The%20Book%20of%20JTEM/page/5