Davin News Server

From: Hiram Freeborn <lds@example.ut>
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking,can.politics,can.general
Subject: Re: Happy Thanksgiving
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2024 13:28:16 -0600

On 10/14/2024 11:24 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On 2024-10-14, Dave Smith <adavid.smith@sympatico.ca> wrote:

>>> You surely are benighted.  Stuffing benefits greatly from absorbing
>>> the juices from the turkey.
>>
>> I can't imagine a turkey without stuffing.  Hell, you might as skip the
>> gravy too. Stuffing was always an integral part of a roasted turkey in
>> my family and my wife's. To the best of my knowledge, there are only a
>> couple people in my extended family who don't like it, and one of those
>> is an extremely picky eater who doesn't like just about everything. My
>> wife is a low carber and does not eat bread, but even she has a little
>> stuffing.
>
> Many people bake it in a separate dish.  When I was a kid, we
> had some inside the turkey and some baked in a separate dish.
> Each one had its adherents.

Top tip:

For the separate stuffing dish to flavor up it's useful to take anything
not used in giblet gravy (neck, hearts, giblets, wing tips) an lay them
over the stuffing before cooking. Enough turkey flavor and fat will seep
down in to make it equally as tasty as cavity stuffing. Also add some
extra broth for moisture.