Davin News Server

From: Dhu on Gate <campbell@neotext.ca>
Newsgroups: can.politics
Subject: A Cheap test for Ultraprocessed food
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2024 19:04:14 -0000 (UTC)

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2024-10-ultra-foods-health-backfire.html

"Premature warnings to consumers to avoid eating all ultra-processed food
products have likely social costs and may harm the health of people facing
food poverty—at least in the short term."

Basically this says that the only way to feed yourself when you're poor
is to eat what's available.

So.  My Mother taught me a "cheap" test for edibility: leave it alone
for a while.  If it doesn't go mouldy, find something else to eat.

Dhu

--
Je suis Canadien. Ce n'est pas Francais ou Anglais.
 Duncan Patton a Campbell