Davin News Server

From: AlleyCat <katt@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: alt.global-warming,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,can.politics,alt.politics.liberalism,alt.politics.democrats,alt.politics.usa.republican
Subject: "Climate Science Has Metastasized Into Massive Shock-Journalistic Pseudoscience"
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2024 21:36:37 -0500

2022 Nobel Prize-winning scientist Dr. John Clauser declares his climate dissent:

"There is no real climate crisis" - Warns "climate science has metastasized into massive shock-journalistic pseudoscience"

May 5, 2023: Dr. John F. Clauser, recipient of the 2022 Nobel Prize in Physics, has been elected to serve on the board of directors of the
CO2 Coalition, Arlington, Virginia. ...

Dr. Clauser received the Nobel Prize, along with two others, for work done in the 1970s that showed "quantum entanglement" allowed
particles such as photons, effectively, to interact at great distances, seemingly to require communication exceeding the speed of light.

According to Dr. Clauser, "The popular narrative about climate change reflects a dangerous corruption of science that threatens the world's
economy and the well-being of billions of people. Misguided climate science has metastasized into massive shock-journalistic pseudoscience.
In turn, the pseudoscience has become a scapegoat for a wide variety of other unrelated ills. It has been promoted and extended by
similarly misguided business marketing agents, politicians, journalists, government agencies, and environmentalists. In my opinion, there
is no real climate crisis. There is, however, a very real problem with providing a decent standard of living to the world's large
population and an associated energy crisis. The latter is being unnecessarily exacerbated by what, in my opinion, is incorrect climate
science." ...

Dr. Clauser received a Bachelor of Science in physics in 1964 from Caltech. In 1966, he earned a Master of Arts in physics as well as a
Doctor of Philosophy in 1969 from Columbia University. From 1969 to 1996 he worked at Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, Lawrence
Livermore National Laboratory and the University of California, Berkeley. He was awarded the Wolf Prize in Physics in 2010. Additional
details can be found at https://www.johnclauser.com/. ...

Dr. Clauser has criticized the awarding of the 2021 Nobel Prize for work in the development of computer models predicting global warming
and told President Biden that he disagreed with his climate policies. Dr. Clauser has developed a climate model that adds a new significant
dominant process to existing models. The process involves the visible light reflected by cumulus clouds that cover, on average, half of the
Earth. Existing models greatly underestimate this cloud feedback, which provides a very powerful, dominant thermostatic control of the
Earth's temperature.

"He derided the Nobel committees for awarding Al Gore and R.K. Pachauri a peace prize, and called agreement with the evidence of climate
change a "religion"... the measurement of the global average temperature rise of 0.8 degrees over 150 years remarkably unlikely to be
accurate, because of the difficulties with precision for such measurements-and small enough not to matter in any case: "What does it mean
that the temperature has gone up 0.8 degrees? Probably nothing."

Nobel Prize Winning Physicist Dr. Ivar Giaever: "Global warming is a non-problem"

"I say this to Obama: Excuse me, Mr. President, but you're wrong. Dead wrong."

"Global warming really has become a new religion."

"I am worried very much about the  conference in Paris in November... I think that the people who are alarmist are in a very strong
position."

"We have to stop wasting huge, I mean huge amounts of money on global warming."

Dr. Ivar Giaever featured in The Politically Incorrect Guide to Climate Change:

"The Earth has existed for maybe 4.5 billion years, and now the alarmists will have us believe that because of the small rise in
temperature for roughly 150 years (which, by the way, I believe you cannot really measure) we are doomed unless we stop using fossil fuels.
We are now forced to use corn-based ethanol in our gas, subsidized windmills, and solar cells for energy; meanwhile, maybe a billion people
worldwide starve and have no access to electricity. You and I breathe out at least thirty tons of CO2 in a normal life span, but
nevertheless the Environmental Protection Agency decided to classify rising carbon-dioxide emissions as a hazard to human health." - -IVAR
GIAEVER, Nobel Laureate in physics
=====

October:

Vermont's Earliest Foot of Snow Since 2010

Early Snows In Spain

South Pole's 1000th Day Below -20c (-4f)

More Than 70% Of Russia Blanketed In Snow

Record Cold U.S., Early Snows Sweep The Peaks

New Study: "Recent Surge In Global Warming Not Detectable"

Early Snows Sweep Asia, Cold Records Tumble

Big Freeze Sweeps Iceland

Trøndelag Cold

Fall Arrives With A Bang In U.S.

New Zealand's Bumper Ski Season

Japan Weather Bureau Forecasts Epic Winter Snow

Eurasia Snow Cover On The March

Widespread October Snow For North America

More Polar Bears Spotted In Iceland

Cold Devastates Uk Growing Season-Second-Worst Harvest Ever

Russia To -28.1c (-18.6f)

Here Comes The Snow

Europe's Cold And Snowy October

Early Arctic Freeze Halts Shipping

The Deserts Are Greening

Lakes Are Refilling

Scotland Snow

Accumulations Keep Building In The Alps

Early Snow In China

Colder Winter Forecast For Mongolia

Met Office Warns Of 'Another Cold Night'

Weakest Polar Vortex For 40-Years And The Potential For A Brutal Winter

Frost And Snow Warnings In Canada

Cold Devastates UK Growing Season-Second-Worst Harvest Ever

Russia To -28.1C (-18.6F)

Early Arctic Freeze Halts Shipping - Bu bu but Al Gorrrre Said...

Early Season Snow In Ukraine

Another Colder Than Average Month In Antarctica