Davin News Server

From: Alan <nuh-uh@nope.com>
Newsgroups: alt.global-warming,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,can.politics,alt.politics.liberalism,alt.politics.democrats,alt.politics.usa.republican
Subject: Re: Yes, Ski Bunny... Tanking
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2024 15:28:56 -0700

On 2024-10-21 15:03, JTEM wrote:
> Alan wrote:
>
>> You think that a graph showing that 2024 sea surface temperatures are
>> higher than EVERY SINGLE YEAR
>
> It's not an El Nino year.

So?

> You did know that, right?
>
> An El Nino year literally means "Higher than normal
> ocean temperatures."

No. That is NOT what "El Nino year" means.

El Nino is purely a phenomenon of the tropical Pacific Ocean, not of all
the world's oceans taken together.

> Temperatures are not higher than normal. They are
> normal. It is NOT an El Nino year, ocean temperatures
> are NOT above normal.

Nevertheless, do you agree that with the exception of 2023, the
temperatures in the chart (that you've now conveniently snipped the
reference to and which I will now provide from a primary source) for
2024 are higher than every other year?

Here:

<https://climatereanalyzer.org/clim/sst_daily/?dm_id=world2>

> Google it. Confirm it for yourself:  2024 is NOT an
> El Nino year, it is NOT a year with above normal
> temperatures.

And yet the sea surface temperatures are far above the average (i.e.
"normal") temperatures.

> Contemplate what that means.

Indeed.

You contemplate the irony of your last sentence.