Davin News Server

From: Alan <nuh-uh@nope.com>
Newsgroups: can.politics
Subject: Re: CO2 Seems To Be Highly Overrated
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2024 15:40:27 -0700

On 2024-10-23 15:17, Dhu on Gate wrote:
> On Wed, 23 Oct 2024 14:49:31 -0700, Alan wrote:

>>> CO2 is a proxy for human industrial activity.  Normally it runs
>>> about 0.04% of sea-level urth-normal.
>>>
>>> It is ALSO toxic to mammals at anything over 30%:
>>>
>>> https://pmc.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/articles/PMC5380556/
>>>
>>> Frankly speaking, it's a "kinder, gentler" way to go than, say, cyanide
>>> (or, for that matter most of that lethal injection shit):
>>> you go to sleep and then your heart stops.
>> You know nothing about it.
>>
>> CO2 is a HORRIBLE way to go.
>>
>> That pain you feel in your body when you hold your breath?
>>
>> That's caused by the build up of CO2.
>>
>> If you want something kinder and gentler to kill someone by what they
>> breathe...
>>
>> ...use pure nitrogen.
>
> No.  That's st8 up asphyxia.

Yes. WHICH DOES NOT HURT.

There's lots of video online of what happens to pilots (and others) who
take the hypobaric chamber test.

The people who take that test don't even realize that they're running
out of oxygen. They just get dopey and pass out.

> CO2 (*not* CO) causes unconsciousness *B4* the asphyxia kicks in.

It causes PAIN you idiot.

Your body reacts to high levels of CO2 with PAIN; the panicked need to
BREATHE.

> Anyways, I'm no such an expert at dyin'.  Are you?
I'm obviously far more expert than you.