Davin News Server

From: Dudley Brooks <dbrooks@runforyourlife.org>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written,can.arts.sf,alt.atheism,rec.arts.sf.starwars.misc,alt.fan.starwars
Subject: Re: May the Fourth Be With You!
Date: Sat, 4 May 2024 19:53:29 -0700

On 5/4/24 12:12 PM, BCFD 36 wrote:

> On 5/3/24 20:08, David Dalton wrote:
>
>> Since it is now after midnight here in Newfoundland,
>> May the Fourth Be With You!
>>
>> May 4 is Star Wars Day and is also Renewal Day,
>> World Give Day, World Naked Gardening Day,
>> and Orthodox Holy Saturday.

For the musically knowledgeable, it's also Dave Brubeck day ... but only
in the US, where it's 5/4.

> It is raining here today, which us unusual for May in the middle
> California coast. I won't be gardening naked.
>
> And the neighbors might find it disturbing.

At a party one time, a female friend who had just moved to a new house
informed us that "Every time I go out to the back yard to sunbathe
naked, I discover that the neighbors would be able to see me."

To which I replied "Every time *I* go out to the back yard to sunbathe
naked, I discover that ... I don't have a back yard!"

--
Dudley Brooks, Artistic Director
Run For Your Life! ... it's a dance company!