Davin News Server

From: Lil-man-ball <suck@ra.mentos>
Newsgroups: alt.global-warming,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,can.politics,alt.politics.liberalism,alt.politics.democrats,alt.politics.usa.republican
Subject: Re: Y'all Keep Sharp Objects Away From Unum - Don't Worry Bi-Polar
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2024 12:40:06 -0600

On Wed, 17 Apr 2024 11:23:26 -0700
Alan <nuh-uh@nope.com> wrote:

> On 2024-04-17 11:03, Lil-man-ball wrote:

> >> Ah, the classic conspiracy nutcase argument:
> >>
> >> "There are secrets being kept from us...
> >>
> >> ...but somehow I know all about them!"
> >
> > Are you devoid of all knowledge but the Goo Goo brand?
>
> LOL
>
> This is your new thing, lil-ball-man?
>

> > https://newatlas.com/tag/batteries/
> >
> > https://newatlas.com/energy/iron-air-grid-battery/
> >
> > The advantages of an iron-air battery are simple and clear. Direct
> > reduced iron is the cheapest form of iron available, and was
> > previously mainly used in steelmaking. It's extremely abundant, and
> > totally safe. So are water and air, the other two main ingredients.
> >
> > https://newatlas.com/technology/simple-tweak-creates-safer-more-efficient-solid-state-batteries/
> >
> >  Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL) has come up with a small tweak
> > that could have big consequences. By making a small change to how a
> > type of solid-state battery is made, the scientists managed to
> > eliminate defects in the electrolyte film, opening the way to safer
> > and more efficient batteries.
> >
> > Solid-state batteries have a lot of promise. Unlike current
> > lithium-ion batteries, solid-state ones don't contain flammable
> > liquids, which are a major drawback as illustrated by stories of
> > laptops and electric cars bursting into flames. Solid-state
> > batteries are also less toxic, have higher energy densities, charge
> > faster, and survive more recharge cycles without degenerating.
> >
> > https://newatlas.com/energy/form-energy-iron-battery-plant/
> >
> > Form's grid-scale batteries are built around huge flat iron-air
> > cells, about a meter (3.3 ft) square, around 50 of which are slotted
> > into modules the size of a washing machine and bathed in a liquid
> > electrolyte. These cells effectively work using the rust cycle; you
> > charge them up by applying energy to iron oxide, turning it back
> > into metallic iron, then add oxygen to initiate the rust process and
> > release energy.
> >
> > Iron is cheap and abundant, making these modules extremely
> > affordable. They last a long time, they're safe and they're
> > recyclable; if you tear down a battery you can take the metal out
> > and use it elsewhere. These factors all combine to make them an
> > exceptionally affordable form of energy storage, with a Levelized
> > Cost of Storage (LCoS) more than 10 times lower than lithium
> > batteries, even before you take the expected lithium resource
> > squeeze into account.
> >
> > They won't charge or discharge as quickly as lithium, of course, so
> > they'll likely work alongside lithium grid batteries in hybrid
> > configurations, the iron-air batteries dealing with longer, slower
> > load demands while the lithium packs handle momentary spikes. Form
> > says that at scale, they'll deliver more than 3 MW of output
> > capacity per acre, and they'll excel where energy needs to be
> > stored for around 100 hours or more.
>

> So completely NOT suppressed.

So completely NOT available to us today, yep - suppressed.

Of course since the goobermint has ET tech over 100 years past
our mainstream releases that is to be expected.

> Got it.

Kinda force-fed you like a useless goose again, you rat-faced little
anocrat operative.

Where you working out of, we should meet up for shakes, you game?