Davin News Server

From: R Kym Horsell <kymhorsell@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: alt.global-warming,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,can.politics,alt.politics.liberalism,alt.politics.democrats,alt.politics.usa.republican
Subject: Re: Even IF CO2 Warmed As YOU Say It Does, Can Our Whopping 3% Contribution DO The Warming? - No.
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2024 16:07:22 -0000 (UTC)

In alt.global-warming Serial Dimwit <dimwit@whitebread.org> wrote:
> New paper on the actual physics of the "GHGs", CO2, CH4, and NO2 determine that

"If" the atm kept the warmth in and made the earth more habitable
at this distance from the sun than the moon is....
that would make you the biggest ignoramus since Adam, right?

--
It has been calculated theoretically that, if there are no other
changes in the climate system, a doubling of the atmospheric CO2

<https://journals.ametsoc.org/doi/abs/10.1175/1520-0469%281984%29041%3C0414%3AEB
MITO%3E2.0.CO%3B2>
Free Access Energy Balance Models Incorporating Transport of Thermal
and Latent Energy
Brian P. Flannery
Corporate Research Science Laboratories, Exxon Research and
Engineering Co., Annandale, NJ 08801
Abstract
Standard latitudinally resolved energy balance models describe
conservation of energy on a sphere subject to solar heating, cooling
by infrared radiation and diffusive redistribution of energy according
to a Fourier type heat flow with flux proportional to the gradient of
temperature. The model determines the distribution of temperature with
latitude T(x). Here we consider a similar model, the two phase model,
in which we allow for transport of both thermal energy of air and
latent heat associated with water vapor.
We use the two phase model to calculate climate change, i.e., ÎT(x),
as a function of varying insolation and changing concentration of
atmospheric CO[2] under the assumption that relative humidity does not
change. We compare the results with calculations from standard energy
balance models and general circulation models. The distribution of
warming with latitude for doubled atmospheric CO[2] found with the two
phase model agrees far better with the pattern of warming found in GCM
studies than do results found with the standard model. In particular,
the two phase model, like the GCM, shows greater manning at the poles
than at the equator. In the two phase model, polar amplification can
be explained in terms of a temperature dependent effective diffusion
coefficient that increases with warming. Amplification of warming
toward the poles occurs in the two phase model because the ability of
the system to transport heat increases as the system warms.
(Key Quote:
mean temperature expected to arise from doubled CO2, ie A<T> = 3 +- 1.5 K).