Davin News Server

From: R Kym Horsell <kymhorsell@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: alt.global-warming,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,can.politics,alt.politics.liberalism,alt.politics.democrats,alt.politics.usa.republican
Subject: Re: When Slapped Down Like a $2 Dolla Ho - Ski Bunny Surrenders
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2024 20:25:30 -0000 (UTC)

In alt.global-warming Alan <nuh-uh@nope.com> wrote:
> On 2024-04-23 11:13, AlleyCat wrote:
>> On Tue, 23 Apr 2024 11:01:34 -0700,  Alan says...
>> I Can't Believe This Guy Is Allowed Out of His House - Thinks "Solar Activity"
>> Is ONLY Sunspot Activity
>> On Tue, 23 Apr 2024 09:16:28 -0700,  Alan says...
>>> "Solar activity"? You mean sunspots, actually, right loser?
>> No.
>>> Yet that's the image you presented: nothing but sunspots counts.
>> Nope. There are MANY passages in the videos that say "solar activity" and NOT
>> "sunspot activity" only. One video DOES say The Danish Institute compiled a
>> record of "sunspots", but that is NOT the sole focus.
>> Astrophysicists from Harvard University published the following graph in the
>> official journal of the American Geophysical Union. The blue line represents
>> temperature change in the Arctic over the past hundred years and here is the
>> rise in carbon dioxide over the same period. The two are not obviously
>> connected but now look again at the temperature record and at this red line
>> which depicts variations in SOLAR ACTIVITY over the past century as recorded
>> independently by scientists from NASA and America's National Oceanic and
>> Atmospheric Administration.
>> SOLAR ACTIVITY over the last hundred years over the last several hundred years
>> correlates very nicely on a decadal basis with sea ice and Arctic temperatures.
>> To the Harvard astrophysicists and many other scientists the conclusion is
>> inescapable.
> Except it wasn't "Harvard astrophysicists" (plural):
> The article to which your video refers was published by ONE person.
> Makes you wonder what else they're lying about...

The "solar activity" has been thoroughly debunked except in crank circles.
There is not even a superficial resemblance between "solar activity"
curves and global temperatures. As even Serial Dimwit knows
the past decade has seen unusually low  solar activity but unusually
warm global temperatures.  He's posted stuff about low solar activity imself
from one of his favorite cranks several 100 times.

The ability of CO2, "El Nino" and solar acivity to predict global temperatures
is show in the plots here:
<http://kym.massbus.org/CO2-BACKFORE/>

In each case 100+ years of data is divided into 3 parts by date.
The middle part is used to estimate via a timeseries regression
the parameters of a log of linear function to estimate global temps
from the suspect variable.

Then we plot that function for all 3 parts seeing whether you can
predict the past and/or the future using the data in the middle.

For CO2 the fit is pretty constant from start to finish.

For El Nino and solar activity it is crap.
The behaviour of one part of the curve does not predict the behaviour
of any other part of the curve. Any correlation some nitwit thinks
they spotted is a delusion.

--
[The first story:]
I'm a REDNECK! LOL Hillbilly... that's cute[...]

Nope... this redneck loves it JUST the way it is.
-- Serial Dimwit, 14 Jun 2017

[But eventually the truth comes out:]
At least we hillbillies is smarter than you Donks.
-- Serial Dimwit also posting as "Climate Hillbilly" & others, 16 Jun 2017 03:37Z

[Baby steps].