Davin News Server

From: Unum <noneof@yourbusiness.com>
Newsgroups: alt.global-warming,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,can.politics,alt.politics.liberalism,alt.politics.democrats,alt.politics.usa.republican
Subject: Re: greenhouse gas limits on power plants
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2024 12:54:00 -0500

On 4/25/2024 10:41 AM, Alan wrote:
> On 2024-04-25 08:23, AlleyCat wrote:
>>
>> Carbon Dioxide Does Not Cause Warming
>>
>> https://sbynews.com/2023/10/14/carbon-dioxide-does-not-cause-warming/
>
> The guy who wrote that knows nothing:
>
> 'Energy does not migrate on and on.  Kinetic energy (motion) is continuously
> destroyed in a gravitational field.'
>
> That statement is completely false.
>
> Energy is NEVER destroyed.

I see that ratboy tried to hijack the thread as usual.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/biden-power-plant-rule_n_6629183be4b01248ca9b8e66

The Biden administration rolled out its plan Thursday to overhaul the United
States’ aging patchwork of fossil-fueled electrical grids, finishing work on a
suite of regulations designed to rein in rising utility bills and stem
worsening blackouts while cutting planet-heating pollution from power plants.

The regulatory package includes the nation’s first-ever limits on greenhouse
gas emissions from power plants, tighter restrictions on mercury gas and coal
ash, and a new way to speed up construction of badly needed transmission
lines.

The EPA finalized three additional rules mandating that coal-fired plants
reduce emissions of mercury by 70% over current regulations, slash more than
660 million pounds of pollution per year from wastewater discharges and follow
new federal standards to keep toxic ash pits from leaking.